Got A Tournament In 3 Days - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi i have a tournament coming up in 3 days, and usualy i would take my white scars but for a change i thought id dust of my tau. since ive not played them for a while i was hopeing you could tell me what i should use and what i should but back in the box. here it goes.

elite = 3 crisis suits, plasma rifle, missile pod, 1drone controler
    2 multi-tracker with 2 gun drones. 206

6 stealth suits, burst cannon 180

troops = 2 squads of 12 fire worriors, pulse rifles,
    develfish. 1 squad with team leader. 410
    1 squad of 11 fire worriors, pulse rifles, develfish 190

fast attack= ....................................................................

heavy support = 2 hammerheads, 1 with rail gun, 1 ion cannon,
    both with burst cannons 260
    2 broadsides tw railgun, tw missild pod,
    multi-tracker. 150

total = 1500.
    the points might be wrong didnt have codex with me :rolleyes:

the tactics are to keep moving, aun-shi will join the squad of 11 fire worriors,
    other than that i dont play to a game plan because they never work (Y).

thanx in advance. any help would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You abosolutely must get a multitracker and target lock for each of your hammerheads. This let's you move up to 12" and fire all your weapons and let's you engage multiple targets with each tank. These two things will multiply the usefulness of your hammerhead several times, and are part of why they're the best tanks, ever. Decoy launchers are also highly reccomended. Any upgrade to Hammerheads is recommended, the upgrades are cheap and the tank is expensive. I rail gun and one Ion cannon is a good choice, too, it gives you a lot of options.

the two Broadsides do kinda make it an anti-armor list, but there's nothing wrong with that. It's just hard for broadsides to make their points back vs anything but tanks. (grey knights are actually pretty good targets for them, though) I would give them shield drones (4) Cuz they will be targets, or shield generators, but it's not neccesary.

You'll really regret it if you don't bond your stealth suits. Bonding FW teams is a good idea, too, but not neccesary.

Otherwise, looks good.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by white scar@Dec 30 2004, 07:42
    hi i have a tournament coming up in 3 days, and usualy i would take my white scars but for a change i thought id dust of my tau. since ive not played them for a while i was hopeing you could tell me what i should use and what i should but back in the box. here it goes.

elite = 3 crisis suits, plasma rifle, missile pod, 1drone controler
    2 multi-tracker with 2 gun drones. 206

6 stealth suits, burst cannon 180

troops = 2 squads of 12 fire worriors, pulse rifles,
    develfish. 1 squad with team leader. 410
    1 squad of 11 fire worriors, pulse rifles, develfish 190

fast attack= ....................................................................

heavy support = 2 hammerheads, 1 with rail gun, 1 ion cannon,
    both with burst cannons 260
    2 broadsides tw railgun, tw missild pod,
    multi-tracker. 150

total = 1500.
    the points might be wrong didnt have codex with me :rolleyes:

the tactics are to keep moving, aun-shi will join the squad of 11 fire worriors,
    other than that i dont play to a game plan because they never work (Y).

thanx in advance. any help would be great.
    [snapback]289203[/snapback]
    First of all - "the tactics are to keep moving" - if that's the case, lose the Broadsides. They cannot move, and if you move them then you have wasted their guns for a turn. Lose them, and give both of your Hammerheads Multitrackers, Target Locks, Decoy Launchers, and consider Smart Missile Systems.

If you want a Mechanised List (as it looks like you really do), check out the pinned topic "Intro to Mechanised Tau" up above, as it will give you some good tactics.

Instead of the Gun Drones with your Crisis suits, I'd take them off. Give everyone a multitracker and two weapons, as you have it, but I don't see where the drones will help that much.

Consider dropping 2 suits from your Stealth Squadron to help out with points in another area. In 1500 points you might consider getting Pathfinders or Tetras (which can be found on the Forgeworld website) - their markerlights could be very useful, but that's up to you.

+ Reply to Thread