Wraiths - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wraiths

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK... First I'd like to apologize if I missed this in skimming the threads, but why do my Wraiths have a BS4 and no ranged weapon?

Is this intentional?

Did I miss something in the FAQ?

Was something originally intended by GW hence the "Weapons: Claws and barbed tail", and discarded at the last second?

Thanks,
    Knave

<span style='color:green'>Knave</span>
    (&#39;nAv) - noun - Middle English, A tricky deceitful fellow

<span style='color:green'>0010 Types of Fleshbags, Necon Army</span> 5/3/1 - 1/2 at the tourney last weekend, (sigh)
    &quot;There are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary and those that don&#39;t.&quot;

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Wraiths have BS because they have hands that can hold wepons. So if GW decides to give Wraiths the option of having wargear, and gives Necrons a wargear that allows shooting they can have it. But it&#39;s only speculation ...
    - Resistance is Futile -

- I'm not a Nerd! I'm a 13th level Paladin -

- Jesus saves ..... and takes half damage -

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Since nearly every other necron model has a balistic skill of four they probably just put it in even although it&#39;s redundent. I think there is quite a few models like that.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Mikhail The Heretic@Dec 30 2004, 11:53
    Since nearly every other necron model has a balistic skill of four they probably just put it in even although it&#39;s redundent. I think there is quite a few models like that.
    [snapback]289260[/snapback]
    Entirely possible. Just wanted to make sure that as a No0b I wasn&#39;t missing anything. I guess the fact that they didn&#39;t list one for Scarabs is what threw me.
    <span style='color:green'>Knave</span>
    (&#39;nAv) - noun - Middle English, A tricky deceitful fellow

<span style='color:green'>0010 Types of Fleshbags, Necon Army</span> 5/3/1 - 1/2 at the tourney last weekend, (sigh)
    &quot;There are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary and those that don&#39;t.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It&#39;s because they&#39;re good at dodging bullets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BS is a measure of how good a Wraith is at firing a weapon.

So having a weapon at all isn&#39;t part of the deal. If it didn&#39;t have a BS, it wouldn&#39;t be able to fire a gun at all, even if it had one in its hands.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

One of the Wraith arms looks like it ends in a "gun" hand. Perhaps they originally intended the Wraiths to be able to upgrade to a ranged weapon at the cost of 1 attack, like the Spyder and the PP, and it just got scrapped but the entry was never edited.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t think it&#39;s a gun... First of all, I don&#39;t think it looks like a gun at all, and if it now by any chance would do that, I don&#39;t think it seems to have the technology the other Necron guns have...

"Why does the Deciever have a BS? He doesn&#39;t have any guns."

Well, he is a God, and Gods usually have the knowledge on how to fire a gun...
    Same as Wraiths. They have the knowledge, just not a gun, like the Deciever.

I made a similar post in some Flayed One thread further down if anyone&#39;s interested (*cough*?)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BS isnt just how good you are at firing a gun, its also how good you are at avoiding being shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aren&#39;t there rules for stationary weapons that can be used by troops. Like artillery. I don&#39;t know the rules for the pylon, but maybe they can operate it? Just like flayed ones (they have bs too)..?

Justin
    Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast