Warp Spiderss - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warp Spiderss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't get whats good at having Warp Spiders in your army. They can shoot, but not hard, they're weak in CC, the only thing I can make up is that they are fat, but they are expensive in points.

plz help me out, I don't know what to do with them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I use about 2x8 of these and jumping forward, unleashing 32 BS4 and high Strenght shots at the enemy is VERY FUN! And I say, very effective.

Marines and other 3+ saves are falling just becaus the redicolous amount of Wounds you inflict on them. And those 5+ savers are just DEAD! Also that many shots can bring down armour 12 vehicles and if you get enough Glanceing hits you should be able to bring down the vechile.

In small games I use atleast one 5 warp spider group. They jump around, inflicting casualties and destroying light vehicles. And the most wonderfull: Jump back behind cover or move forward into a better position

They are allmost in compariation to Tau Jetpacks. And also works great togheter with CTM:ed vehicles

//Cheers and hope you got a point ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Against weaker opponents, i.e. not Marines, they are also pretty effective in hand-to-hand. Their Exarch can be kitted-out pretty good, and they have hit-and-run now, too. This means more shooting and charging.

Against Marines, it just means a whole lotta shooting. Providing good covering fire for your slower, harder hand-to-hand units to jump into the fray. Any round where the enemy is concentrating on shooting back at the Spiders is another six inches that the Avatar/Wraithlords/Seer Council etc. can get to the enemy's line.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

they're an amazing unit now. Fast and hard hitting, i cant believe you'd say that their shooting is weak heh

a squad of 10 can wipe out half a marine squad in one firing phase and they are absolutely devestating against Orc, tyranid or any low armor save army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

I just don't get whats good at having Warp Spiders in your army. They can shoot, but not hard, they're weak in CC, the only thing I can make up is that they are fat, but they are expensive in points.
    Well, it sounds like you have never used Warp Spiders, or not in particularly good situations. They are fast (up to 24" a turn), their weapons, although short ranged, are high strength, and have a fast fire rate. Their shooting instant kills some characters (IG, So and wounds many basic troops on 2+, although they have AP -, well that's why you go for Guardsmen, and similar poorly armoured infantry. With thier volume of fire they can go after transports/light tanks. True, they're not particularly good at CC, but why would you ever be in it if you can 'Warp Jump' away from threats, and have rapid-fire weapons? Also, they're fat?!? What the hell. They're actually pretty thin, but having 2 extra limbs and a massive jump pack would make a lot of people look 'big', but surely not fat. If you actually have the Exarch model, have a look at it before it's assembled, you'll see the true build of a Warp Spider. About them being expensive, well I see it as a fairly good price for what you actually get, and if you play well, you can get your points back many times over (I've managed to many times). Ultimately, it depends which armies you play against, if you play against Marines, they're not that useful (but again, fire volume will often help with this), but against Orks, Imperial Guard, Tyranids, they really excel. I would use them in a tournament myself, because they're so effective.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 'fat' in this instance is a slang term, and if not, then... what nebulas said. I'm considering Warp Spiders for my Ulthwe force because I need a faster unit which isnt a vehicle or in a vehicle. They are definitely better than jetbikes, and swooping hawks in most instances.
    I have heard that they have had their armor save reduced to 4+, is this true or merely a rumor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

I have heard that they have had their armor save reduced to 4+, is this true or merely a rumor?
    I've not heard this rumour, and I would be shocked if it was true, because you look at Banshees & Fire Dragons, and then at Warp Spiders and it's obvious that the Warp Spider has far heavier armour.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, it says clearly in the codex "they are able to wear heavier and bulkier armour". I can see no reason why they would lower the save. I think they're fairly good and can also be used for softening up squads then jumping behind as some scorps or banshees go in and using crossfire...Although with this new initiative thing, the scorps or banshees could quite easily charge them down by themselves...
    Well those are my pointless ramblings on the subject anyway....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured so, I didn't believe it when I heard it... tho i may have misheard it......... oh well :hmm:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warp Spiders are excellent for taking out ANY heavy weapons guys hiding in squads... just cause enough wounds and they'll be sweating bullets as they roll the save for their 50 point lascannon marine.
    Semper Fi!!! Emperor's Phoenix: 7/3/1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast