Destroyer Lord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Destroyer Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to know what i should equip my lord with. I'm going tio give him a destroyer body, but i also need the V.O.D. But that takes up 90 points, giving me only 10 points to spend on wargear.

Should i do this, or should i give my lord other things?

Or have two lords? :hmm:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is like those word problems back in high school. Either too much information or too little...

Configuring your Lord depends on your points and the rest of your army's make up.

How big a battle are we talking? In my 1850 army, I field 2 Lords, one on foot with the Veil and another on a Destroyer...

I find the Orb to be more important to my army than the Veil, but YMMV. One option gets them out of the costly CC, the other allows them to survive it hopefully.
    <span style='color:green'>Knave</span>
    (&#39;nAv) - noun - Middle English, A tricky deceitful fellow

<span style='color:green'>0010 Types of Fleshbags, Necon Army</span> 5/3/1 - 1/2 at the tourney last weekend, (sigh)
    &quot;There are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary and those that don&#39;t.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Knave@Jan 1 2005, 10:28
    This is like those word problems back in high school. Either too much information or too little...

Configuring your Lord depends on your points and the rest of your army&#39;s make up.

How big a battle are we talking? In my 1850 army, I field 2 Lords, one on foot with the Veil and another on a Destroyer...

I find the Orb to be more important to my army than the Veil, but YMMV. One option gets them out of the costly CC, the other allows them to survive it hopefully.
    [snapback]290674[/snapback]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im playing a 1500 and maybe a 2000 point army. But mainly 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if you take the VOD and the Destroyer body then you cant take any other other wargear apart from the Chronotron orb, which unless your playing serious fall back and regroup tactics, isnt going to help much. my choice has always been a normal lord with warsycthe, res orb and VOD. this combined with a retinue of immortals in a nice combo, however if you choose to have the destroyer body then i would give him Gaze of flame phase shift and lightning field. this will make hi tough and i would pair him with a few destroyers and rush him around with those nifty jetbike rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So a warscythe is better than a staff of light rite?

And how many immortals should go with him?

Sorry for all the questions^_^&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by CtanNightbringer@Jan 1 2005, 12:13
    So a warscythe is better than a staff of light rite?

And how many immortals should go with him?

Sorry for all the questions^_^&#33;
    [snapback]290703[/snapback]
    I think warscythe is a good option if you&#39;re using the destroyer body, but for a lord on foot, I think giving up the ranged attacks of the staff is foolish.

I keep the Staff on both my lords, both foot and destroyer.
    <span style='color:green'>Knave</span>
    (&#39;nAv) - noun - Middle English, A tricky deceitful fellow

<span style='color:green'>0010 Types of Fleshbags, Necon Army</span> 5/3/1 - 1/2 at the tourney last weekend, (sigh)
    &quot;There are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary and those that don&#39;t.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not take gaze of flame for your destroyer lord. Because, hopefully, u will be assaulting him and not vise versa, unless you are facing low leadership armies then do take it. With the destroyer body u want to take the warsycthe for that extra power in cc. Try to run him with wraiths, destroyers, or maybe even scarabs <(maybe not). I run my destroyer lord with my 9 wraiths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use two kind off necron lord.

- With desroyer lord. them i take res.orb and another CC oriented wargear

- Without destroyer lord. Then i take the VOD, res orb.

I don´t use VOD and destroyer body cause i think they have different goals. I think that a lord tiwth destroyer body is going to assault the enemy, so it´s better res.orb and inv save instead of VOD. However for a walking lord is bery useful the VOD cause they usually are guardes by inmortals.

However the wargear of the lord depends of the rest of the army and the tactics you will use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of counterproductive to give your lord both a Destroyer Body and VoD, since he can turboboost 24" anyway.

Your better off going Destroyer Lord + Res Orb + Warscythe and grouping him with a unit of Wraiths. Or get Lightning Field and group him with some Scarabs.

I wouldn&#39;t use either of the above strategies against an army with 3+ saves though (read space marines).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast