Sm Are They Better Now - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone played against the SM now the new codex is out, and if so how was it and any useful tips on playing them .. this info must be shared with the swarm. I'm playing a 1500 battle on the 7th so any advance info would be nice, i already know he has opp'ed for all the new and improved weapons so looks like i'll be walking into a wall of bullets unless i can talk him into a jungle set up

If it lives it will be consumed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I think the new SMurf codex is more fine tuning than a power increase. The big improvements are: autocannons are nasty, the librarian powers have been improved and chapter traits. The Tyrannic War Veterans look good but aren't overpowered. It is interesting to note that they give them flamers (pretty useless against nids) but not the option to swap their bolter for an extra CC weapon. Shows how out of touch GW staff are with 'nids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget the absolutely risk-free deepstrike ability with the new drop pods. What a bunch of crap, I'm surprised that more people aren't making a stink about it. For 30 points they get to deepstrike without any chance of death as long as they don't scatter off the table and the drop pod sticks around and comes with a storm bolter. Add to this the fact that the pod blocks line of sight to anything on the other side of where they deploy AND they aren't stuck in a pretty little ring just begging to get a pie plate on their heads. (as they can deploy within 2" of the pod)
    This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick Of Seeing More People.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the new assault cannon caught me offguuard with its rending ability... the assault marines cost as much as a serphim (dont know how to spell, but it is the witchhunters 'assault squad&#39... and the captain's Ld is spread on the whole table...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes I don´t see noone plays new droprods but they can be cool. They can change some army tactics and the enemy should not knoew how to face the new droppod assault army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if drop pods got so good maybe there's hope yet for our myecetic spores?
    damn sm loving GW. nids are going to get so nerfed in the new codex, i can just feel it.

i've played SM with my eldar. watch out for the new chaplain assault squad. they can re-roll all their misses in cc on the first round of combat.
    and furious charge.
    and the I7 librarian with force weapon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I'm thinking nids will get improved in the new codex. They're a great money maker for GW when you really think about it. Anyone who plays nids will buy at least one Hive Tyrant and at least one carnifex, then a crapload of gaunts and/or genestealers. Any high model count army is good profit for GW, especially if they can get some bitz orders out of you for customization, and let's face it, nids are one of the most customizable armies out there.

Just think of all the new crap they can add in the codex to get people to buy even more models and bitz. If they get nerfed, not as many people will make the investment.
    This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick Of Seeing More People.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your input guys I didn't get chance to play the SM last week due to a power cut but I may be playing them this weekend so which me luck :-)
    while on the subject of the new codex there is a nasty rumour going around that they have made it very simple so the new comer can get straight there. This may be because they’re in the box set so the new comers and young players get a feel. This mean the long term players and vet's may be a bit upset at the new codex. Its also been said that we will lose the mut's and the ability to build a diverse fleet because new player can't get there head around it.. I would hate to think this is the case as this what makes the nids great to play we will have to wait and see......
    If it lives it will be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by nottoc@Jan 11 2005, 16:54
    Thanks for your input guys I didn't get chance to play the SM last week due to a power cut but I may be playing them this weekend so which me luck :-)
    while on the subject of the new codex there is a nasty rumour going around that they have made it very simple so the new comer can get straight there. This may be because they’re in the box set so the new comers and young players get a feel. This mean the long term players and vet's may be a bit upset at the new codex. Its also been said that we will lose the mut's and the ability to build a diverse fleet because new player can't get there head around it.. I would hate to think this is the case as this what makes the nids great to play we will have to wait and see......
    [snapback]299917[/snapback]
    We were new players once, weren't we? Why would GW take away mutants?

The marine codex has definately improved. Most of the models have the same abilites (except the HQs), but a few of the weapons have improved. Drop pods are a whole different story. They are very good, but for their cost not many players are getting them. The FW ones are just way too expensive.

The HQs are have a lot of new powers. Librarians have a lot more effectiveness now so you'll see a few more on the battle field. Chaps are still good, where as commanders haven't changed too much.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem is that the new codex took some stuff away. its still good though
    <span style='font-family:typewriter'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Strike Hard&#33; Strike fast&#33; And You May Survive&#33;</span></span></span>

+ Reply to Thread