Recomendations - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recomendations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo.
    After playing Dawn of War too much, I'm addicted to Orks.
    I'm going to start an ork army, under the "command" of Warboss Grabnutz.
    I'm currently thinking along the lines of a Battlewagon and Kans.
    What would you suggest I start with? I make my favourate things first, i'm good at converting (army of Toads I ask you), so I'm converting a wagon. I'm not sure about Grabnutz. I want Mega armour, but everybody seems to use the Gazghull (sp?) model. Also I want a Bigmek, Gubbinz, but I have no idea what to use for him, other than a power claw and Mad Doc Grotsnik's head.

AKA Grabnutz
    Moderator over at http://forums.relicnews.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet name, "grabnutz" (Y)
    anyway yes use ghazkull and send me your first armylist and ill tell you if its good c ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out this website. http://www.the-waaagh.com Its got tons of tips for starting orks. Check out the forums too. Awesome people with awesome models and awesome tactics. I know Hakbash and Scrapia are some really well known greenskins over at Da Waaagh and here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like yer trying to start out big without looking at yer basics first. get lots..Lots of boyz. then worry about the big gunz.
    as for a warboss in mega armour,
    i never use one. 'eavy armour with bionik bonce and cybork body is always more than enough. your warboss needs to be mobile not cumbersome. but the way to balance this would be to have one of each. make yourself a mega armoured warboss using the gazkull body and then get yerself a normal warboss. try them both out and come to your own conclusions after that.

but dont do yourself a disservice, get the boyz and go after the mass. its your best stratagy seeing how your never going to outshoot an opponet(unless there nids) and get a feel for the style you like to play.
    wWWwwAaaaAAgggGGGhHHHhhh!!!! = DeAth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice.
    The way I collect an army is maybe stupid, but it's the way I work, collect my favorites, get trounced in the first battle, collect loads more stuff in the space of a month, get trounced again on account of being crap anyway. PLay more games, learn the best use of my favorite style of army. This way means my army is good, and different to other ones. I see people all the time collect the exact same units because they're good, I enjoy forming the army based on whats fun for me.

I succumed and go the Gazhkgull (sp?) model, ans stuck the grot with 2 magnums on his head (best model in GW history ever&#33.

I've also finished converting a BattleWagon from a Crusader, and it looks great.

Don't worry though, da boyz i'm getting in Feb (with my wages), along with Kans ( I need the Rokkits to finish the Waggon). And then more boyz after that. And so on.

I'm getting the codex today. (thats right, I decided on the theme of my army and first units without the actual rules&#33
    AKA Grabnutz
    Moderator over at http://forums.relicnews.com

+ Reply to Thread