Solar Pulse + Veil Of Darkness - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I use a Solar Pulse at the beginning of my turn then teleport the Lord and a squad during the movement phase, the entire teleporting group is protected via night fighting rules due to the pulse, correct?

This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick Of Seeing More People.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Ylide@Jan 4 2005, 05:42
    If I use a Solar Pulse at the beginning of my turn then teleport the Lord and a squad during the movement phase, the entire teleporting group is protected via night fighting rules due to the pulse, correct?
    [snapback]292906[/snapback]
    You are correct. This will only work one time per game, and quite honestly, I don't really understand it.. You want to deep strike a CC unit in or something? It's quite easy to see 12" in nightfighting rules, so I would advise against that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just trying to think of better ways to get things like wraiths or pariahs closer to the action without getting shot up as much. I was thinking about dropping them about 18-24" away from the enemy lines. (I play on a really big table, hard to walk myself up the middle without getting pummeled.)
    This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick Of Seeing More People.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Ylide@Jan 4 2005, 06:43
    Just trying to think of better ways to get things like wraiths or pariahs closer to the action without getting shot up as much. I was thinking about dropping them about 18-24" away from the enemy lines. (I play on a really big table, hard to walk myself up the middle without getting pummeled.)
    [snapback]292925[/snapback]
    In regard of the Wraiths: They can Turboboost and move through impassable terrain! How big is your table?

In regard of the Pariahs: They do not count as Necrons, therefore they cannot be teleported with the Veil of Darkness and/or Monolith.

My best advice would be: Use cover!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually really like the solar pulse against some targets, mainly broadside suits that are hiding in the corner. Think of the solar pulse as smoke launchers for a squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or if you can try and convince your oppenent to play night fight then see the fun of you shooting him like he was in broad daylight. But i am disappointed that solar pulse is only 1 use per game. That the only reason i dont use it on my regular game unless its nightfight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flayed Ones would be the best CC choice to accompany your lord.

Wraiths can turboboost 24" or move 12" and assault 6" and don't really need VoD to get to the frontline.

+ Reply to Thread