The Beil-tan Discussion Thread - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

This thread is for the discussion of Craftworld Beil-Tan. Feel free to discuss tactics, models, conversion, and anything else to do with Beil-Tan.

From here on, any topics which should belong in here will be deleted without notice.

You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great idea ^_^

personally with the new vehicle rules changing how our skimmers work i'm having a lot more trouble getting banshees and other cc stuff out of my waveserpents and into cc.
    -the main problem comes from the fact skimmers don't block Los anymore, so my banshees have to sit around in the transport for much longer and risk getting the thing destroyed and them suddenly having to take a lot of armour saves.
    -another problem is that my waveserpents weigh in at around 135 points, so i can't take a lot of them, and since a regular opponent of mine tends to bring about 7 lascannons (2 tw), 5 plasma cannons and 5 plasma guns the chances of one getting killed is pretty good.
    any suggestions for getting them into cc faster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm... How big are the table you play on may I ask?
    On a 4'x4' table I use the following strategy to get them fast into CC:
    Drive 24" forward to a "safe place" (ey, where you cannot be shot) and also you should think about if the place is good.
    Because in the next turn, you drop of your CC troops (Do not move the wave serpent before you disembark them), moveing them 8" (6"+2" because of the disembarkment). Move the Wave serpent in a good Supporting position now. Then Fleet of foot towards your target and shoot at the target with your Wave serpent.

Now if you have 2 or 3 of these, you are then makeing a typical Flanking attack. And the enemy should be in deep trouble watching 30 Aspect Warriors and 3 supporting Wave Serpents on one of his flanks.
    Plus he got the rest of your army to handle. This mostly creates a very difficult psychological effect that he is in deep trouble. Play this again your opponent and watch if it works, because it may be that your opponent arn't effected.

But it doesn't stop there. After the Fleet of Foot you should have moved... 33-38" leaving your opponent with about 10"... And most opponents deploys atleast 10 inches in so Assaulting in turn 2 should be acomplished.

Aaah.. I love my tactical mind :wub:

//Cheers and Good Luck ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

your tactical mind is that of a slaanesh daemon. pure evil and exploiting possible weaknesses in enemies...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with moonsingers tactic here. My entire army is mechanised as I have 3 Wave serpents and two falcons supported by a fire prism and vypers so the whole thing relies on their ability to hit one flank hard. I think that if you are having trouble keeping your transports alive there are a couple of options to try both of which have worked for me against shooty armies like the one you described.

1. Try distracting the heavy guns with a bigger target. I find a Wraithlord or Dark reapers work well as opponents tend to panic at seeing these heavy hitters on the battle field and will often spend a turn or two trying desperately to kill these instead of the transports, and we all know that wraith lords take alot of killing. This should give your serpents enough time to reach their target and unleash hell.

2. Another method is to deep strike swooping hawks into his heavy weapon squads using their grenade packs and giving the exarch a power weapon and sustained assult. This is usually quite an effective tactic as it also works well at distracting your opponent away from your serpents although this tactic depends on how you feel about hawks as some people love em and others hate them and I hate them, but, for this tactic they are good if they get called out of reserve fast enough.

Both these tactics have helped me in the past but if neither of them suit your army then you could always use a fire prism to take out the main threats with its superior range and a farseer with guide which is my preferred tactic. Any way good luck and I hope you see some more success against those las cannons
    He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what kind of heavy hitters?
    at the minute my distractions include:
    -a wraithlord with brightlance, against this guy it dies very quickly due to the overabundance of S7+ AP2 weaponry, but against most people it lives for quite a long time.
    -my farseer with 4 warlocks, constantly fortuned. these usually live for incredibly long so i can throw them into the open as a huge target confident that most will survive. the problem is that once one goes it gets easier to kill the rest.

i don't usually have a problem with getting stuff into cc. its just this one guy with an extraordinary amount of min-maxed tac squads with heavy weapons.

i've decided for a change and i'm swapping out the dark reapers in my army for 3 ctm starcannon vypers to see how they work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by TzarNikolai@Jan 5 2005, 11:49
    i don't usually have a problem with getting stuff into cc. its just this one guy with an extraordinary amount of min-maxed tac squads with heavy weapons.
    [snapback]293864[/snapback]
    Now thats is very unsportmanship. :hmm:

But your Farseer+4 Warlocks could be a nice target for him. So maybe if you rush them forward togheter with a Wraithlord, your friend would fire at them.

hm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slightly diverting the topic here - I'd like to see people's opinions on the Court of the young King.

To me personally it seems like a fun HQ choice that can be potentially devastating, but is vulnerable like hell, and what makes it worse - slow, which Eldar simply should not be.

What are your people's experiences with them? Do you mix and match Exarchs when dispatching a COTYK? At least Banshees and Scorpions seem to make sense. Any ideas for getting them into CC? Tactics to lure away fire from them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally i don't like the idea. the exarchs should have a big unit to sheild them from fire (as barring my banshee exarch they all end up around 3x the cost of a regular aspect warrior) in a CotYK they only have a 4 wound avatar before you're removing your precious exarchs to enemy fire. (even though i'm not sure i'd even remove the avatar first)
    i say leave the avatar on his own or don't bring him.
    however for an enemy thats going to charge you and hardly shoot then they could be devestating. i can imagine bezerkes charging a Cotyk now. imagine running into 5 banshee exarchs? not many beserkers are going to survive that.

unfortunately i prefer to have just one list to deal with everyone, so i won't be trying that as i come up against shooty armies far too frequently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the COTYK is useless. how on earth is it going to get into CC? seriously. it can only walk 6" a turn. if anyone has any tactics with them please share, i think it is one of the most useless squads in the entire game...

anyways any one have any experience with dark reaper armies? im making one right now, 3 squads of reapers, storm guardians, wave serpent and a falcon. Im excited. Its going to be awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast