Why Are We So Great? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been asking everyone else's armies might as well as k my own to se h ow peopl respond.

I'm tryign to get more of my co-workers involved with this warhammer 40k. SOme are pretty interested.

my question here is what (In your opinion) makes the Dark Eldar such a great army

fluff (or lack their of)?
    unit stats?
    look of units ?

why are they so cool?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll say unit stats. But it's also our stats that people say our army sucks.

Basically I like about our list is the initiative. I play em because I'd rather strike before the enemy strikes and this occurs with almost all units. Kill them before they can strike back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by larkin@Jan 4 2005, 22:33
    I've been asking everyone else's armies might as well as k my own to se h ow peopl respond.

I'm tryign to get more of my co-workers involved with this warhammer 40k. SOme are pretty interested.

my question here is what (In your opinion) makes the Dark Eldar such a great army

fluff (or lack their of)?
    unit stats?
    look of units ?

why are they so cool?
    [snapback]293292[/snapback]

Simple, Dark Eldar are a challanging, yet fun army to play. As soon as you start to get the hang of them, I promise you there is no other army as rewarding
    Legendary Dark Eldar Site

"To play the blues, all you need is barbwire strung to a wooden pulp, an aching heart, and a babe who done left you"

Win/Loss- Who Cares?

"The only thing thats good to lose is your virginity"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar is army were you need to THINK before you act and you actually NEED brains . If you dont got that many brains go for SM wo stand and shoot or TAU (not mean negative but it is compared to DE).

Dark Eldar is one of THE most difficult armies to play with. We dont got many choice of our units because one part is not worth there points and the other sux and that leaves us to USSALY the standard forces.

When playing Dark Eldar you ussaly got 1 advanage. Players always say De suck etc but thats because they never have played against them OR they won from some kind of noob wo played 3 games and quit afterwards.

We are THE fastest army around we are THE most fragile army around 2 (We dont got 3+ save thingies except talos or incubi wo are rather expensive) We CANT hold things for long WE need to be the agressor WE need to attack not they. WE have for 8 pts one of the best standard troops around. WE have the best troop of whole 40k imo.
    (Compare 10 DE with 2 DL against 2 BL with 10 guardians. DE=100 with a BS of 4! Guardians=180 XD with a BS of 3! or it needs to be ultwhe)

I can go on for a couple of hours about this WE and OUR etc etc but there are plenty of reasons why to take DE. My own reason why I sarted De was began every1 said they sucked and no1 played with them. And now after 65-70 batlles they are suddenly from crap to overpowered in my shop XD. I even set my own reputation with my DE. Ppl dont know wat they talk about if they say De suck because DE can whipe any army from the table if the commander knows wat hes doing.

Anyway we lack of fluff imo we lack in choice imo we lack in alot of things 2 dont get me wrong. There is also a downside of DE and most DE players seem to forget that when there giving advice to a new player. DE is a army for ADVANCED players if you want a army thats really challenging to win with take De. If ou fear you might not be able to handle with 5+ saves and armour 10 thingies go play a other army.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Archonbjorn@Jan 5 2005, 07:22
    DE is a army for ADVANCED players if you want a army thats really challenging to win with take De.
    [snapback]293954[/snapback]
    I wouldn't say Dark Eldar is an army for advanced players, rather it is an army for SMART players. You need to make sure you take advantage of our speed, weapons (BS, range and strength) and specialized units. If you haven't been accused of cheating after a game you probably didn't use your army to it's fullest potential. This was my first 40K force and granted I had a steep learning curve. Lost my first three battles and have won a vast majority since.

Since we are a definite minority race in the 40K realm, we do have a reputation as a pushover army. I have actually had new opponents apologizing to me at the start of the game for the beating I'm fixing to take only to have them awestruck after the first or second round when that pointsink LR Crusader just got nailed by a DL or that deepstriking Terminator squad just went away to a Disintegrator shot or an assault by my HQs (what? 21 Power Weapon attacks on the charge at a higher initiative/WS than I have ahhhhhhh&#33.

Lastly don't be afraid to loose most of your army in a fight. On an objective type mission place the bulk of your force on the opposite side of the table. Leave an inviting Raider or two in the open. I can't tell you how many battles I've won due to my opponent getting fixated on how easy it is to destroy warrior squads only to realize on turn 4 that he is now too far away from the objective and can't get there with the turns remaining due to distance and his movement ability of only 6".
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got more experience with whiping out my enemy then going for the mission objective. Is he to close? O wat a shame my wych squad just cuts trough his WL. Hmm I already got my points back with them wat should I do next? I know wat about charging that termi squad so my archon can come forward and finish the job. . . hmm. O w8 he doesnt have to my succubus already have beaten the crap out of them XD.

Besides that I am used to multiplayer batlles. (more then 2 players! ) we ussaly fight once a week or twic a multiplayer batlle around 3000-4000 pts with 4 or 6 peepz sometimes 12 .

I signed up for this forum to share my knowledge about DE with you guys and it seems (not wanna sound selfish or anything) that some of my advice is usefull for other players here. I aint here to discuss about how good or bad the DE are (Altough mostly of the time I reply to these kind of posts) I am here to help new starting players like goddes_raven white_scar consular etc. If we want to expand our De population then we need to give good info for the newcomers. I have seen to many ppl quitting with De just because they didnt got any help. (And I started to late to help them). Wat were all trying to do is convincing other players to play DE (well msot of us) BUT because that !@%@ GW upgraded marines we ussaly get to hear that DE sux. And ya knwo why? Because when the box came out with a landspeeder and 10 marines! vs 10 DE warriors well thats gonna be a hard batlle think the De win -.-. Coem on 160 pts vs 240 or something and we didn't even had DL i nthe box or something. GW promotes SM like there gods and the stuff DE in a corner were no1 can see them and didnt even put 2 hours of effort for sculping the warriors decently. I mean if you look at the new honour guard you see the details on that thing and how cool it looks! now look to our models the best looking model is a incubi imo and while other armies have loads of cool looking models and special chars we already DONT got that many choice and we dont got that many cool looking models (Well some of our models are really ugly imo like the grots )

A well anyway Ollieb to reply to your post I think peepz will see the link between a army for advanced players and a army for smart players dont you think?

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Archonbjorn@Jan 5 2005, 081
    A well anyway Ollieb to reply to your post I think peepz will see the link between a army for advanced players and a army for smart players dont you think?
    [snapback]293989[/snapback]
    Agree. Perhaps I picked up on DE a little faster than most. Due to my choice of career. I also did not put my army on the table until it was complete and I knew what it was capable of. My initial mistake was I failed to see what my opponent was also capable of. That is what I think turn a lot of people off from wanting to fight DE. They are used to the SM mindset that they can take a round of incoming fire and have enough troops left to do something with.

I preferr to think that I play as a way to enjoy an evening or weekend with friends who share a common interest. Does it bother me if I loose or win? Really could care less. I built my RTT list from information I got from this and one other DE forum I frequent, so yes there are those here that enjoy and are willing to not only give but receive advice as well.

Just my .02 worth.
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can run circles around any other army (raider rush). We can start a game with nothing on the board except 9 mandrake models that can't be hurt (army of shadows). We can field some of the strongest fire power units (Shooty army from hell). And we can also have our entire army leap out of a small portal on turn 2-3 (web way army). We can field and army of gladiators (wyche cult). And last and kinda least we can field an army of science experiments (Haemonculus cult).

So much varity. So many different things to try.

I can speel guud today............... :rofl:
    Anything can burn if you try hard enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ollieb@Jan 5 2005, 162
    Agree. Perhaps I picked up on DE a little faster than most. Due to my choice of career. I also did not put my army on the table until it was complete and I knew what it was capable of.
    [snapback]294036[/snapback]
    Same liek me but I started playing immediatly when I finsihed my warriors and Lord. Also most say that you might loose your first 20 batlles or something but I have nevr understand why. I won my first 20 batlles and lost 5 batlles afterwards of the 70 I played. It is VERY important to know your opponents army. Most of you guys get so fixated on there own codex that they forgot that there are actually other armies except SM and you need to know there weak spots 2.

Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really fun special characters is all i have to say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast