Super-human Invasion! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys.
    I got a sort of problem. My friend who was going to collect Imperial Guard decided to collect Space Marines! :realmad: The most annoying thing is that with the new SM codex, you can make your own chapters etc. With one of the qualities you can have in your army, (which is called Prefered Enemy), all close combat attacks hit on a 3+ no matter WHAT!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!! Now theres not much point getting that adrenal gland for WS, but more need for Initiavive. He can kill my Hive Tyrant easily (unless the HT kills them first&#33. 3+ hit, 6 wound and 2+ save. Ok, so its not that bad, but its worse than the 4+(I think it was 4+) hit, 6 wound 2+ save. And by the way, that's for all of the SM guys! That means that some weak little guy (don't know the army well enough to describe any of them :blush: ) could down the great Avatar!!! WS 10 is no longer any use! Did I mention that it only worked on alien armies? Well, it does.

I've read lots of the other Tyranid VS SM threads. They basically say that you should use Acid Spore Mines, Warp Blast and Genestealers. However, I have one main question. Should I give my leaping gaunts the adrenal gland? I haven't modelled them yet so I was wondering. Now I will definately give them toxin sacs. They can wound SM on a 4+ now! If I left their WS at 3, wouldn't that still hit on a 4+? I don't have the rulebook so I can't refer to it constantly.

Also, I was wondering about Mutations. Can geno-fixed species have mutations? I don't think it says it in the codex. If that's true, you could give on of your gargoyles acid blood. Charge them into a unit without an armour save, make sure he dies and then say bye bye to that entire squad!!! Great against IG and Kroot!

I was going to have a weapon beast and a Hive Node in each of my gaunt squads. with 24 in each squad, I'm aloud to. With the spinegaunt squad, I'll have a spike rifle. Its greate againts tough troops and tau fire warriors! For the Raptors (my hormagaunts), I was either going to have a strangleweb for pinning the enemy which is perfect against tau or rending claws which are perfect againts space marines. Which way should I go. I know I wrote a lot in this thread so I'll just shut up now. :wacko:

"If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

from a small,hidden in the warp hive fleet "The green Tide"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a sort of problem. My friend who was going to collect Imperial Guard decided to collect Space Marines! realmad.gif The most annoying thing is that with the new SM codex, you can make your own chapters etc. With one of the qualities you can have in your army, (which is called Prefered Enemy), all close combat attacks hit on a 3+ no matter WHAT!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!! Now theres not much point getting that adrenal gland for WS, but more need for Initiavive. He can kill my Hive Tyrant easily (unless the HT kills them first&#33. 3+ hit, 6 wound and 2+ save. Ok, so its not that bad, but its worse than the 4+(I think it was 4+) hit, 6 wound 2+ save. And by the way, that's for all of the SM guys! That means that some weak little guy (don't know the army well enough to describe any of them blush.gif ) could down the great Avatar!!! WS 10 is no longer any use! Did I mention that it only worked on alien armies? Well, it does.
    I have good news to You. Prefered Enemy doesn't work against monstrous creatures, so Your Tyrant will be unaffected.
    And Your opponent must decide wich alinen is his prefered enemy(this matters on tournaments)

Should I give my leaping gaunts the adrenal gland?
    Adrenal gland is essencial(initiative upgrade). I never leave home without it. It really annoys every marine player that Your puny gaunts strike BEFORE the emperor finest

Also, I was wondering about Mutations. Can geno-fixed species have mutations? I don't think it says it in the codex. If that's true, you could give on of your gargoyles acid blood. Charge them into a unit without an armour save, make sure he dies and then say bye bye to that entire squad!!! Great against IG and Kroot!
    Technically they can, but You must obey normal mutation rules. Remember that Zoanthropes, Biovores and Lictors count as individuals and cannot be mutated.

I was going to have a weapon beast and a Hive Node in each of my gaunt squads. with 24 in each squad, I'm aloud to. With the spinegaunt squad, I'll have a spike rifle. Its greate againts tough troops and tau fire warriors! For the Raptors (my hormagaunts), I was either going to have a strangleweb for pinning the enemy which is perfect against tau or rending claws which are perfect againts space marines. Which way should I go. I know I wrote a lot in this thread so I'll just shut up now.
    I never use weapon beasts. Gaunts are made to be cheap and effective. I think there is one amendment to this rule. 4 species army build on mutations. In this case rending mutants are an option. But remember that the new weapon replaces the old one. Your leaping gaunt will lose scything talons in favor of rending claws and therefore lose bonus attack.
    SM beware.
    Green Tide will consume You all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Fast and Deadly@Jan 5 2005, 01:18
    I was going to have a weapon beast and a Hive Node in each of my gaunt squads. with 24 in each squad, I'm aloud to. With the spinegaunt squad, I'll have a spike rifle. Its greate againts tough troops and tau fire warriors! For the Raptors (my hormagaunts), I was either going to have a strangleweb for pinning the enemy which is perfect against tau or rending claws which are perfect againts space marines. Which way should I go. I know I wrote a lot in this thread so I'll just shut up now. :wacko:
    [snapback]293830[/snapback]
    Weapon beasts are cool but, a strangler in a unit with leaping. If you can shoot it than you can (usually) charge also, now if your talking lash whips or mabye RC's now thats kinda fun. Haha you cannot pen my Land Raider, wait they have RC's....DAMN. hehe.
    The hive has a place for all, the biomass is all. Ware to those who fail to see the power that is the hive fleet. Take solace for those who fall to the hive are not lost, just changed for the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spike Rifle / Strangleweb = I wouldn't if I were you.

Its a neat idea but in practice it would be a good thing to Fleet and assault at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by Fast and Deadly@Jan 5 2005, 10:18
    (which is called Prefered Enemy)
    --- As stated, it doesn't work against TMCs.

They basically say that you should use Acid Spore Mines, Warp Blast and Genestealers.
    --- Bio-Acid spores are more of a way to make the Biovores at least potentially effective against SM, not a surefire way to kill Power Armour.

WBlast and anything that can ignore Armour (TMCs and Rending Claws) are as useful as usual.

Should I give my leaping gaunts the adrenal gland?
    --- Initiative? Absolutely. Strike first, kill first, not to mention that Your chances to make a succesful Sweeping Advance just got better! Of course, You still need to actually win the combat...

Also remember that Sweeping Advance isn't as devastating against SM as it's against other armies... 4thEd rulebook page 74, "Universal Special Rules", left column, "And They Shall Know No Fear", line 4, "If Space Marines are caught...".

Can geno-fixed species have mutations?
    --- Yes they can. You can have a Mutant in any Tyranid brood, and since every Tyranid is fielded in a brood (even if it consists of only one creature), any Tyranid can be Mutated as long as You follow the rules for doing so.

Note that You could even Mutate a Lictor... It doesn't say that they can't be Mutated, just that they count as individuals for these purposes. Thus, since You can still legally field a 3-Species list (Brood Type minimum is 4, but Warriors can fill two of them and still count as a single Species), You can have Mutant Lictors.

This is why it's important to understand the difference between Mutants and Mutable Genus, which are two quite different things.

If that's true, you could give on of your gargoyles acid blood. Charge them into a unit without an armour save, make sure he dies and then say bye bye to that entire squad!!!
    --- Not quite that effective... You'll still be restricted on the actual amount of Mutants You can have in the brood, they only affect models in BtB and the enemy still gets their save. Thus it's very unlikely You could wipe out any unit using AB Mutants.

I was going to have a weapon beast and a Hive Node in each of my gaunt squads.
    --- If taking WB Mutants, take Rending Claws to get a slight chance against tough opponents and vehicles. Both on walking and leaping Gaunts, whether shooting or CC.

A single Spike Rifle isn't going to do You much good... The RC will probably be more useful for pretty much the same result (wounding tough things).

Save Stranglewebs for Seeding Swarm Spinegaunts... I can't see much point in having Stranglewebs on Leaping CC Gaunts, since once You're in range You can assault as well, doing much better than having a slight chance at Pinning the enemy.

But do try them out, a few Gaunt models won't be much of a loss even if You decide You don't like their effectiveness.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok guys! Thanks for the info! I never knew that Prefered Enemy didn't work on TMC's. Phew! It still works on Individual Characters too, doesn't it. :realmad: The genestealers WS 6 is kinda usless! But, the I 6 and RC's make up for it. I'll probably give one of my raptors (hormies) a rending claw. I'm re-considering the ranged weapon beast for my spinegaunts because that would something like 19pts + the usual model's point which would cost me 24 pts for 1 model! That's even more than a usual squad leader! IT'S EVEN MORE THAN A GENESTEALER!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
    "If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

+ Reply to Thread