Army Vs. Necrons & Smurfs. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name equip. number

Hyve Tyrant "Psyker" 1
    Wings
    CC glands
    CT glands
    Tox sac
    Ext Car
    Warp blast
    Talon (x2)

Hyve Tyrant "Overlord" 1
    CC glands
    CT glands
    Tox sac
    Ext Car
    Venom Cannon
    Talon

Tyrant Guard 3

Hormagaunts 12
    Leaping
    CC glands
    Tox sac
    Talon
    point node

Hormagaunts 12
    Leaping
    CC glands
    Tox sac
    Talon
    point node

Termagants 20
    Ć©corcheur
    point node

Genstealers 10

Tyranids Warrior 6
    Wings
    CC glands
    Tox Sac
    Ini glands
    Talon
    can opener

Carnifex 1
    Venom Cannon
    Talon
    Ext Car
    ---------------------------------------------
    1500 Pts
    ----------

Afer reading up your post and playing some games Vs. Necrons and Space Wolves Smurf, I made up a list versus them. Give me some feed back

(1500 pts army)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hyve Tyrant "Psyker" 1
    Wings
    CC glands
    CT glands
    Tox sac
    Ext Car
    Warp blast
    Talon (x2)

Hyve Tyrant "Overlord" 1
    CC glands
    CT glands
    Tox sac
    Ext Car
    Venom Cannon
    Talon
    you need EnhSen on the psyker one I'd drop the vcannon and get wings plus ST on overlord and put WB on him to so they are both the same

put the guard with overlord then at start of move phase give them to carni

double the size of the hormie gaunt squads I don't understand some of those words can opener and ecorcheur so i can't help with them

otherwise the rest is ok
    W/D/L

Hivefleet Omalancho 1/0/0 my current army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always give a HT Warp Blast regardless of loadout.

Always give a HT Psychic Scream regardless of loudout.

Consider Implant Attack when facing multi-wound enemies / character killing of t4 or better. On the HT's that is.

Flesh Hooks on walker Tyrant.

Flesh Hooks on Guards.

Enhanced Senses on ANYTHING that has a gun accept gaunts.

On leaper gaunts try to keep your point cost down. Giving toxin sacs on them usually is a expensive proposition, so to save a point I opt with giving both types of adrenal glands. When possible, ALWAYS give the initiative adrenal gland to ANYTHING. With the new rules and running people down, Initiative is very important.

I have no idea what your french weapon is there for the Termagants. Is that like a croissant or something? Do you load it with butter or honey? I hope that means Spinefist. If not it needs to be Spinefists.

CC Warriors or any warrior for that matter with wings is a no-no. Try leaping instead. They be able to use fleet of claw, use cover, and keep up with the gaunts to provide synapse. Don't forget Flesh Hooks.

Carnifex is alright, but don't forget to fully upgrade stats. Consider a dual VC.

If you were to drop a brood of leapers and add biovores thats about what I field nowadays. It seems like you have a good start. Solid for the most part. 3 TMC's in 1500, good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh sorry I forgot to translate the Termies weapon... I don't know the English term, well they're base Termagants, the book one... And Usually they're useless, exemp to trap a Necrons warrior squad in CC...

And my Hormies are modified up because base Hormies never kille a damn Necron Warrior... (or they kill one but he comes back, argh)

Psy Scream, are you sure ?? I mean Necrons and Smurfs have some though morale (10) and no Killing Psykers (yeah my other opponent is an UlthwƩ Eldar with mind war...) So I don't see the use for it.

and Warp blast is pretty useless to since I use it one turn and the other im in CC... So I usually Fire only one shot, don't worth the 20 Pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head there. gaunts in general don't kill crap, so its rather effective to equip them barebones to save points for other things.

Termagants need to have Spinefists instead of Fleshborers. Compare the two weapons, then take a look at the cost of a gaunt with a Spinefists, then one with a Fleshborer. Choice is simple.

Leapers also don't kill much short of Tau or IG. Especially in the numbers we're talking here. Again, loosening up on points with them affords more gaunts or other upgrades elsewhere. They are there to tie somone up or run people down. Therefore, STR isn't as important as WS or Ini.

Psychic Scream is rediculous for what you pay. I've killed Psychers with this thing and watched normally high LD troops run only to get ran down. Necrons always have good LD, however SM do not ALWAYS have that high. Depends on a couple of things but the one's I face generally fail enough. Remember they are cumulative, so try to meet in the middle with the HT's to stack the effect.

Warp Blast is a no brainer. Its not so much the fact that the unconcentrated version is really easy to fire off and kill marines/necrons. Its more along the line that the concntrated version can be another tank killer, totally unexpected in many cases. It'll instant kill most characters and it'll pop a Monolith as easily as a Dual VC Carnifex. Whats more its one of the few things in the Tyranid army which can get a penetrating hit. Of course, being on a TMC, it allows you to fire both a VC for example AND a WB in the same turn. Versatility. As for the "1 shot and then assault" thing, MAYBE when talking about a winged and a concentrated blast. But with any other combination it outranges a HT's assault by a good bit. You'll get at least 2-3 shots a game.

I mean if you're banking on just fighting the Necrons and SM, sure gear it to kill them only. But you'll be pleasently surprised when you PS/WB some ork/tau/ig/de/eldar. And just as an example, that WB works much better on SM/necrons that on any other army. PS much more so on the armies mentioned before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok now I got it !

But are you sure enhance Hormies can't do some casuallities ? Never tried them, and usually Necrons are dead when the HT/TW assaults.

And I haven't played the 4th edition already ! lol, I bought the book yesterday through. I will not use 2 VC on my Carnifex (cause my model isn't glued that way) but I will use VC and WB on my Overlord HT... sounds deadly.

And versus space wolves and necrons I bet Biovores just don't make the match...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I just don't pull them out. 3 Biovores is a brood of Genestealers, which are a good counter to slower, Power Armored armies like Necrons/SM. Against lighter stuff, ie armor 4+ or worse, out come the Poison Mine Biovores.

Case in point for Leaper gaunts. I had a brood of Leapers assault a squad of Marines. All in all I think it was something like 51 attacks. Not one kill, no wounds. I even landed QUITE a few, just couldn't wound enough/armor saves. Yeah, toxin Sac might help that, but numbers/Ini/WS is FAR more important to me for survivability of the brood.

Now did they hold that squad up for the HT and crew? Oh yeah. And again, against IG/Tau they do kill pretty well because of the enemy's T, WS, Ini and armor save being so poor. So against IG or Tau it may be wise to not take GS and take more gaunts, as GS armor save is worse than a gaunt! Not only are GS easy points at range but they are slower. Beware Mortars/Frag Missles/Nade Launchers. GS could be considered overkill against IG/Tau.

There are troops that tie up and then there are the killers. The trick is to trip everyone up and hold them for long enough to get the killers there. The difference between the holders and the killers is simple: Killers usually have higher STR and don't allow armor saves. There is VERY little that can stand up to a 12 strong brood of Genestealers on the charge. It just kills, and its also your best bet against Terminators.

For a simple Dual VC Carnifex, just saw off a VC barrel and slap it under the one you have on there. Add a little green stuff and there it is, double barrel VC. Took me 15 minutes. Can leave ST on for show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks man for your advice.

for 2 Venom Canon, I bet it's double the price of one ?

BTW, I made up the changes to my army list:

Warp Blast on Overlord HT

Spinegants instead of Termagants

Hormagaunts instead of mutated Homagaunts

2 VC on Carni (after I made up the converts... hehe)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah just pay for two VC's. Its just a personal choice for me, but I always fully upgrade him stat wise as well. He gets in CC every once in a while, and its good to still have the high str, higher Ini, WS etc. If he's fully upgraded most people are unware and assume he's a wuss in CC if he has two guns. All it means is one less attack. Take the case of that Monolith...rut roh shaggy...

Don't be dissappointed if he doesn't hit a whole lot. When he does connect you have a good chance of knocking something silly. Only other thing in the army that has half a chance at popping 14 armor at range is a concentrated warp blast. And we both know those are just as reliable if not less. Statistically half his shots should hit. So you can be extra happy when all 4 pound into a Land Raider. Then again none can hit, which has happened.

All in all its the best use of a Carnifex at the moment. Except for Old One Eye, he's the bomb in small point games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I let those Rending Claws on my Fex, and I ad a second venom canon like you said, will it be "legal" in tournament ? The claws won't be used... But still.

And I have another idea for a cool convert, I think I will try to put 2 complete gun on each "arm" and will look much more killer !! Will work on that...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast