------------Heavy Support------------

War Walkers(x3) 270
Star Cannon
Scatter Laser

Wraithlord 120
Bright Lance
2 flamers

-------TROOPS-----------

Black Guardian Defender Squad (x3 but 1 is a regular guardian defender squad)
10 guardians
Black anti grav platform
-star cannon
-2crew
Warlock
-conceal

(each squad is 161)

-----------ELITES--------------

Striking Scorpions 161
8 scorpions
Exarch
-biting blade.

------------HQ----------------

Seer Council 434
Farseer A
-guide
-mind war
-spirit stones
Farseer B
-fortune
-mind war
-spirit stones
Farseer C (------> should i take him out?)
-Mind War
Warlocks(x3)
-augment
-runes of witnessing

See less See more
#2 ·
The only mistake was giving your warlock Runes.. your paying 10 pts for Augment there, and it's not worth it. skip them, and rather add some more warlocks (Enhance is mean together with Witchblade-toting seers) and make sure that you seer council has Witchblades.

#3 ·
You don't need wraithguard to take a wraithlord so ignore that, your list is legal.
It looks good, a classic variation on the Ulthwe "Shooty Army From Hell"
I do feel there are a few problems though. It would help to know your expected opponents.
Firstly there is a serious lack of anti armour, or high strength weapons, a single bright lance isn't going to help you against a pair of Leamun Russ. Yes the starcannons could glance most armour but do you really wanna waste all that marine killing fun on a Rhino? I'd switch one of the black guardian starcannons for a bright lance straight away. I'd also consider changing the weapon options on the warwalkers. Perhaps go the whole hog and use pairs of star cannons, with 3 bright lances in the guardian squads. Be warned though, 6 guided star cannons a turn will make you unpopular with some opponents. You could also consider investing in a D-Cannon.
Seer Councils have different uses, yours seems to be designed for a support role rather than a combat role. For that I feel it is far to expensive. Spirit stones are very expensive and do you really need all those mind wars? Spirit stones are designed for Vanila Eldar lists who usualy only field a single Farseer. I'd switch to 3 Farseers with Guide, Mind War and Fortune Respectivly. With the 120 odd points you'd save, be sure to buy runes of witnessing for your Fortune farseer. Its not worth the risk not to.
You won't need 3 auguments as Fortune doesn't need the range, so give the 3rd warlock enhance. Then use the spare points to loads the whole squad with witchblades (or perhaps some singing spears for that anti armour boost). This way you'll have a second fearsom close combat squad as well as the support you need.
The tactical reason for this is that no matter how many guns you field, some will reach your lines. The Seer Council can then mop up.
Right now the list is powerful but weak against a Rhino rush.
Oh, and give the Scorp Exarch Crushing blow, NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT.

Hope some of that helps.

#4 ·
oh shoot i forgot to tell you. the scorpions are in a waver seprent wiht a twin linked brihgt lance. :eek:

taking into considerationw ith yur advice..here is my new army list.

------Heavy Support------
War Walkers(x3)
Star cannons

Wraithlord
bright lance
2 flmaers

------TROOPS------------
Guadian Defender Squad
10 guardians
ant grav platform
-star cannon
-2crew
Warlock
-conceal

Black Guadians(x2)
10 guaridans
anti grav platform
-bright lance
-2 crew
warlock
-conceal

-------Elites--------
Strikign scorpions
8 scorpions
exarch
-biting blade
-crushing blow

Wave serpent
-twin linked bright lances

----------HQ---------
Seer Council(all got pistols just didnt write it)
Farseer A
-guide
-witchblade
Farseer B
-fortune
-witchblade
-runes of witnessing
Farseer C
-mind war
-witchblade

Warlock A
-witchblade
-augment
Warlock B
-witchblade
-enhance
Warlock C
-witchblade

is this better?

#5 ·
Yeh that looks great. As you are now well stocked for bright lances, my final suggestion would be to take the heavy weapon off the wraithlord. The logic for this is that it is a very expensive way to carry a heavy weapon. The wraithlord will either draw alot of fire power and die, or get into hand to hand where it won't be able to fire. For 75 points with no weapon a wraithlord is the best bargin unit you'll ever find. The extra bright lance isn't worth 45 points, espesh when you have others crewed by BS4 guardians.
If you can nudge that 45 up to 50 spare (poss lose the biting blade) then a D-Cannon is potentialy game winning investment.

#7 ·
No, stick with the 3 warwalkers, they are a very powerful unit. You're list is very strong as you have it.

A heavy weapon on a wraithlord is not mandatory according to the codex; it is listed under "Options: The Wraithlord MAY be armed with one of the following heavy weapons..."
As I said before, I find it a very expensive way to deploy a heavy weapon; support weapons or Vypers give you more bang for your points, but are more vulnerable.

#8 ·
dood im looking at it rihgt now it says MUST and it also says it in army builder,

oops i meant if i get ride of 1 war walker not too.
if i get rid of one war alker i can have the d cannons

so i can have either:

2 warwalkers with stcannons and d cannons

or

3 war walkers wiht star cannons. wat would u take?

#11 ·
Yeh I agree, go with the war walkers. Just make sure you don't waste firepower by overkilling units and beware weapons like Assault Cannons which could knock out the whole squadron in one shot. In fact to combat this I suggest considering deploying the war walkers as a pair and a single. You lose the power of guide on the single but it greatly improves their chances of survival.

I'm intrigued by the Wraithlord & weapons thing. I have my codex here and it honestly says "MAY" and not "MUST".
All I can assume is that GW have changed it over the years, maybe it was a chapter aproved change; they are known to alter later prints of Codex's. I know I'm not alone in this because the tactics artical on this very site suggests taking Wraithlords without weapons.
Can anyone clear this up, have GW changed it? If it helps I have a 1999 edition of the codex.

#16 ·
In the latest chapter approved book - third book of the astromician or something similar - it is stated that a Wraithlord MUST choose a heavy weapon. Some of the new prints of the Eldar codex include this change.

Causes alot of confusion.

So my suggestion would be to go with your final list.

How ever, I typically like more vehicles, but thats your choice.

Thrawn

- semper fi -

#18 ·
if you ever up agains hoard armys and i know you willl be, you should get my fave, 3 wraith with skat lasers and flamers and then run in and burn them to hell as well as close combat them with 2 count them 2 power fists, its ashame that there strangth isnt 20 cuz 5x2=10x2 for the 2nd power fist=20, that would be funny

but any why u should just get 3 wl with skat lasers and run in and kik mucho ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.