Who Else Finds This Stupid - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who thinks that it is stupid that you need 2 troops to start playing (minimum) but the warrior boxes come with 16 guys? they need to put 20 in there so newbs can play a game on the first box they buy!

sorry for a small post i just want to get my point in

IG: 1000+Pts

Win/Loss/Draw
    03/01/00

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well.. you CAN buy 4 special weapons aswell (Dark lances, blasters, shredders), also metal sybarite models and such.
    So you can quite quickly get 20 models and then a HQ model aswell
    Thats how I started ^_^

But anyway, they did put 16 in them becuase they wanted to sell more.

//Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't buy 4 special weapons because I believe it comes with one splinter cannon and one blaster. You could buy like sybarites (Think that what they're called), and the other necessary special weapons. to get to 2 squads of 10.

But yeah I see you arguement because they sell the marines in boxes of 10 with special weapons so you can split them into 2 squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the also sell gaurdsmen in packs of 20.... they did the same thing that other companies used to do with hotdogs and hotdog buns
    IG: 1000+Pts

Win/Loss/Draw
    03/01/00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only issue is with guardsmen, you need 25 models for it to count as a troop choice <_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Glovanator@Jan 6 2005, 05:16
    You can&#39;t buy 4 special weapons because I believe it comes with one splinter cannon and one blaster. You could buy like sybarites (Think that what they&#39;re called), and the other necessary special weapons. to get to 2 squads of 10.

But yeah I see you arguement because they sell the marines in boxes of 10 with special weapons so you can split them into 2 squads.
    [snapback]294722[/snapback]
    You get a shredder and a blaster in the same blister. Also you can buy 2 splinter cannon warriors altough that is not wise because ther in the warrior box. Getting 2 DL is always a must for any De force ive made so that brings up a total of 18 models. Minus 2 because 2 are splinter cannons making it 16 again -.-. GW makes boxes like that to make more profit. Perhaps its a good ID to buy the raider with warriors in it and 2 boxes of warriors giving you a total of 4 troops and a transport. The thing you need next is DL and a lord to start.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who buys DE warriors anyway? If you will ask around the shop you play in, I&#39;d be willing to bet that most SM players will have the DE warriors from the old starter set in their closets that they will probably give you to just get rid of them. I have 100 built warriors and over 140 still on the sprue at home and didn&#39;t buy a single one of them. Turned down 20 the other day since I have more than I&#39;ll ever need.

What I did to get my DLs was 2 boxes of Scourges. I used one box to make 4 SC Scourges. The DL arms from the box to make warrior snipers and then took Splinter Rifles from the sprues and put them on the remaining Scourges. It took a little cutting on my part to get everything to fit and look good but way cheaper in the long run. Then as luck would have it someone gave me a third box of Scourges that he had no clue why had them so now I can field either type of Scourge squad. Life is good when you have the only Dark Eldar Army around.

For Blasters I just picked up the Bit with the weapon, cut the right shoulder pad from a plastic warrior glued the weapon in place. For the price of 1 Blister, &#036;10.00 here, I gave a Blaster, &#036;1.85 per bit, to every squad.

Use your imagination, don&#39;t be too proud to ask, and you&#39;ll be surprised what you can come up with.
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

+ Reply to Thread