Dark Eldar Vs. Necrons= Dead Dark Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just played Dark Eldar Vs. Necrons and I must say it was a LOT of fun. Pretty much I could do NOTHING against the necrons. I had 10 dark lances on the board, which killed Four Necron Warriors. The Necron Lord and his "retinue" of 10 Pariahs did the old "Pop in and shoot 20 times and then assault" trick on all of my squads. The TWO monoliths (both deep striked) obilterated the rest. The only things left alive were my archon and talos' I had NOTHING that could take out those monoliths. I hit them 7 times with dark lances, not even a GLANCE. Even the Talos are useless as their power claws can only damage up to 13 armor, thanks to the necrons invulnerability to all known weapons (no +1's allowed). Oh, and the old "Wyches can kill anything" b.s. don't work against 23 shots from a gauss blaster/flayer and then d6 shots (x2) from the monoliths= DEAD WYCHES.

F' the Dark Eldar. Oh, I guess I'm not one of those "mystical" players that are tactical geniuses who "know" how to "properly" use the Dark Eldar.

Dark Eldar --might-- be good against other armies, but against the necrons, forget it. <:>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it appeared yur necron opponent cheated. you cant veil of darkness with pariahs. they arent "necrons": and it specifically staes under veil of dark ness that the unit most be a necron. it even states specifically what units can veil

those dark lances are jsut yur bad luck with rolls. i once killed a monolith with my very forst Bright alnce shot into it

well yu should not even gone for the monolith and jsut headed for anythignt hat was a necron...making them pkhase out.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heck, i have won over one of my best friends who has a Necron army, played with 750 points army, had a lord with a retouine (or what ever its called) where drazah (cant remember his name) and 8 warriors was in (2 of them had dark lances) then i had 2 troops with 2 dark lances each so a total of 6 dark lances, he had a lord a monolith, and 2 troops (counted it out( he had 750 points but i first slaughtered 75 % of the one troop from 12 units down to 4-5 pices with just 2 dark lances (dont see the point of saying dark elder is weak against necrons) then the monolith came down deep strike killed some of my me (my loard and drazha was the only ones to survive a surpitse attack from his loard and warriors) but then i chargede the lord and the warriors slaughtered them all so he had like 4-5 warriors a lord with 2 wounds and (i slaughtered the monolith) so he was doomed..

but then again when i play against a necron army and a deamonhunters at the same time 3vs3 then i get slaughtered almost instantly though ive every time managede to come out second (DARK elder are soo bad you just have to have them as your army)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

well Irealized that dark eldar have a huge advantage VS necrons we can block the well be back rule :w all you have to do is take them as prisoners at the end of an assult

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Ehh..would you mind to explain how this is supposed to work?

jwu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

well logically they can only come back in their turn so in our turn if we take them as prisoners in assult they are taken back to commorah and become the hamoculi fovorite play thing and if they disappear they cant come back in the game :w

----

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Note that you have to make an enemy unit fall back in order to get a chance to take some of them as prisoners.

However...the Dark Eldar Q&A says this:
    "Q. Can Dark Eldar capture Necrons for victory points?
    A. No."

jwu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

451 (x8)

my mistake :unsure: could either of you give me a hand?

----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think ur army was fast enough. the major disadvantage of the necrons are their lack of speed, even with monoliths and lords, they cant move far either. the trick would be to move behin&#092;d them and corss fire them, then if they wbb they will be crossfired again, its not hard i did it with ig...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

necrons dopnt get wbb rolls from crossfire
    neither do they get it if they are killed by a tank shock
    <insert witty remark here>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast