Good Units - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Units

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With so many combinations and good models, what units do you like to use? for looks and battle style?

My favourites are winged warriors, coz they look so DAMN good.
    And large squads of raveners with 4 big scything talons.

But there are so many units that work, that many don't use, like winged warriors and Genestealers with Scything Talons. So i want people to spread their ideas on good unit and biomorph combinations to improve the might of the hive mind!!!

Tolerance is Ignorance

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/knoblarmaster/' target='_blank'>Knoblars rule</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

I like to use whatever I find effective... Though there are some models I use simply because I like the model/rules/fluff itself. Examples are the Red Terror, Lictor and Raveners (w/ScyT + RenC).

Most others I use in configurations which I find cost-effective... This for example precludes Winged Warriors because Leaping ones are much better IMO, and biomorphed &#39;Stealers because I find them too slow and fragile to be worth making them even more expensive.

It&#39;s not that they wouldn&#39;t work, other units just work better for me.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use all of them except the special characters and raveners. My favorite would have to be my tyrant for cost effectiveness and for nicest model probably warriors or my winged tyrant.

Best biomorph would have to be giving a carnifex dual VCs and blowing the enemy&#39;s tanks into pools of liquidized metal and acid. :shifty:
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have fallen in love with my leapers and lictors. Granted that lictors almost never live but the angst of my opponent when I tell him I have three. Now most of you will prob have a problem with this but for 15 points a model your gaunts get leaping, st, both Ag&#39;s and BP. now for something like 490 points you get 32 of em. Most expense thing in my army, but used correctly that is 128 attacks on the charge 32 of them go on int 10. It is a VERY big points sink, I don&#39;t use it all the time, but once and a while it&#39;s just fun.
    The hive has a place for all, the biomass is all. Ware to those who fail to see the power that is the hive fleet. Take solace for those who fall to the hive are not lost, just changed for the better.

from a small,hidden in the warp hive fleet "The green Tide"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love genestealers and my leaping gaunts. Gaunts cost 10 points. they have leaping, glands(In) and talons. Really cheap and effective.

But my most favorite unit is biovores. Their bio-acid mines ruin every marine&#39;s day. And vechicles don&#39;t like it either.
    SM beware.
    Green Tide will consume You all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good &#39;nid unit=spinegaunt w/ extended carapace. It&#39;s cheap, has a better armor save (I.E., one that actually can save it sometimes), and can peirce armor
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> They will shoot you and cut you up and step on the pieces and burn them and assemble the ashes and shoot them again and grind them into sand and scatter the sand into the sea and boil the sea away and gather the hardened remains and melt them into a rock and shoot the rock and burn what&#39;s left and launch the remains into the sun and...
    </div>
    **or**
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The most powerful gun in the galaxy won&#39;t help if your opponent if bashing your brains out with a rock</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEVER EVER get ext car on gaunts they just arent wortyh it spinegaunts specially because they are fodder they are supposed to die
    W/D/L

Hivefleet Omalancho 1/0/0 my current army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by old 4 eye@Jan 11 2005, 08:21
    NEVER EVER get ext car on gaunts they just arent wortyh it spinegaunts specially because they are fodder they are supposed to die
    [snapback]298924[/snapback]
    Unless you always play against IG, what with their crappy Str. 3 Ap - guns&#33; HA&#33;That&#39;s even worse than our guns. Spine fists at least have AP 5. Imagine the look on their face when half the shots hit, half of that wounds and then 1/3 of the wounded get their save&#33;&#33;&#33; HAHAHAAHHA :lol:
    &quot;If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love using gargoyles, raveners and lictors. They get into the enemy lines fast and when they do, they&#39;re awsome&#33; I played tau once with a paper army (practice). My gargoyles got into cc with his kroot really fast (Deep Strike). One of them had Acid Blood. When he killed it, the acid blood mutant wiped out the entire squad&#33; It permits armour saves, but, the kroot don&#39;t have any&#33;&#33;&#33; MUAHHAHA :lol:

Lictors are the best. I hid 2 of mine behind a bush and one on the other side of the board. Because most of the cover was at my end of the board, he suspected that all my lictors would be there&#33; The lone lictor revealed himself, died (the fire warrior squads poured all their firepower into the lictor instead of my main army ) Luckily for me, he had moved his Devilfish right beside my lictor&#39;s bush. (pre-game turn). My two lictors attacked and destroyed the Devilfish&#33; The pathfinders were then pinned and killed by my awsome lictors&#33; They do rock&#33;

Raveners are fast&#33; I took a squad of 4 in the game against Tau. The kept moving from tree to tree without losing anyone&#33; No one wanted to move near them because then they&#39;d have to face the raveners and possibly a lictor&#33; The stealth suits were hiding in the next forest. I assaulted them, wiped them out and then moved on to the kroot squad with the aid of my hormagaunts. They then assaulted the firewarriors and helped to win the game&#33;
    &quot;If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you always play against IG, what with their crappy Str. 3 Ap - guns&#33; HA&#33;That&#39;s even worse than our guns. Spine fists at least have AP 5. Imagine the look on their face when half the shots hit, half of that wounds and then 1/3 of the wounded get their save&#33;&#33;&#33; HAHAHAAHHA
    Yep, you should. Just because almost every other gun they have ignores your save, you should still take it, because you can make your crappy save against one gun.

Genious.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast