Worried What Count As Psykers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which nid units count as Psykers?
    Coz with codex Daemon+Witch hunters there's alot of anti-psichic stuff. So do Tyrants, Warriors and Zoanthropes count as psykers?

Tyrants probably, but they don't have Psychic tests, (with 1 exception)
    Zoanthropes also maybe...

But Warriors?
    They've only got 1 power, that isn't really a special move, its more like a general status. So counting them as psykers means that armies like Witch hunters, and other anti psi-stuff have a real unfair advantage.
    And if they do count as Psykers then they need more POWER!!!
    And i don't think opponents will like that...
    Please tell me that warriors are NOT psykers (i fear psk-out planetary bombardments)

And although i am a witch hunter player, my interests lie far more with the Great Nids and the Mighty Eldar.

Tolerance is Ignorance

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/knoblarmaster/' target='_blank'>Knoblars rule</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only true "psyker" in nid army is tyhe zoanthrop. But the psychic abilities the nids get are from their connection to the Great one itself. But te codex doesnt have any nids classified as psykers (cept in fluff wording). And theres at least/most 2 powers which require a psychic test. And warriors are defintly NOT psykers.
    As apostles yet not as Apostles. As Believers yet not as Believers. As Traitors yet not as Traitors! We are Disciples of Vengeance. Only bowing and praying forgiveness of our God. Only bowing and defeating the enemies of our God. Wielding our Swords in the night and brandishing our Guns during the day. We are Soldiers. The Soldiers of Mala!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have the nids codex but dont know where it is.

look in the rulebook under psykers. i believe a psyker is classified as a model with psykic powers. so if warriors have psy-powers then they are probably psykers.
    <span style='font-size:23pt;line-height:100%'><a href='http://www.librarium-online.com' target='_blank'>Boot Camp</a></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

page 9 of the codex under hive mind powers it says that and creature with those powers is considered a psyker, sadly synapse is in the list, so warriors are psykers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the codex says that every unit withhive mind powers counts as psykers, so the HT, zoan and warriors are psykers. It´s a pitycuase they arte affected by the daemons/with hunters special abilities. One of my friends sometimes use that army so i can say that´s the powers of daemonhunters can be devasting on nids. :realmad:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm i would have to agree may be worth getting uzi to comment on this. I have just watched a game were the eldar were playing the necrons, the eldar used mind war, he was able to pick out any model within his range (36") normally 18" but gets to double it some how. Anyway for this attack even if you roll higher than the eldar there no come back on the eldar but if you roll lower you take the diff in wounds. its win win for the eldar and with a poss 36" range and he can target any model in his los so can take out key players at will....
    If it lives it will be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Codex page 9 first two lines under HIVE MIND POWERS

"Many Tyranid organisisms exhibit psychic powers because they act as a conduit for the awesome energies of the hive mind. Any creature with these powers is considered to be a psyker..."

Synapse is listed under Hive Mind Powers so therefore Hive Tyrants, Warriors & Zoanthropes are all psykers.

If pskers are a problem consider taking Psychic Scream. All enemies within 12" gets -1 leadership to morale, pinning and psychic tests. AND if they fail ANY psychic test they suffer a perils of the warp attack just as if they rolled a 2 or 12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully the new codex will sort this out, as psykers are now a tad more vulnerable than they used to be.
    Also with the Alien Hunter codex almost definatly on the horizon, a combination of these and Witch hunters means that nids are gonna be real vulnerable to the imperium players.
    Which is not how its meant to be in the universe.
    This makes nids the most alieny army, AND one of the most psichicy armies.
    Witch hunters should be hunting heratics, and daemonhunters should be chasing daemons, why should nids be so unfairly penalised.
    Tolerance is Ignorance

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/knoblarmaster/' target='_blank'>Knoblars rule</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With multiple leadership reduction abilites, not letting your ...anything really, assault and then having wepons (which I won&#39;t name) that do massive damage to psykers (2+ rolls on one of them to wound..and it&#39;s a power wepon.) means very bad things for the Hivemind.

Things that I&#39;d imagine would really mess with the &#39;Nids

-3 to leader ship...from a spell I won&#39;t name

Inability to assault that turn for afflicted unit

A certain power wepon ripping your synapse creatures a new one.

The ability to have 2 of those wepons in an army

The capability to launch 6 missles from the exorcist at your command squad.

When in doubt, they can bring in certain SM, GK and IG units to fill any gaps in their line.

Pros for the Nids :

Sisters have very little CC support outside of Sisters Repenta and I&#39;d imagine would go down quite quickly or atleast be tied up by guants

Not alot of range.

Flamer based

Very few blast template wepons

Fortunately, there aren&#39;t alot of them.

Personally I want to start collecting that army as alot of the people where I haunt tend to have either a) Nids b) Librarians c) Farseers. Making all their creatures decide that running away is a good idea, always a +.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

What about Tzeentch warp blades? I&#39;ve had this suggested to me by a rather beardy tzeentch player who will not be named, but the warp blade technically has the potential to mess up any psychic ability, and cause perils of the warp on powers that dont require tests, such as synapse creature... not good. However, this sounds really shite and unfair. Just as a lot of rules go against nids. Whay are we being picked on so much? Nids used to be amazing. Now GW seems to not cnsider our needs. :realmad: :realmad:

Whoops, i&#39;ve started ranting again.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast