Tyranid Problem - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Tyranid Problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have been thinking about tyranids and i was wondering dont people find that tyranids having no vehicles a problem. i mean the whole army can be killed by lasguns.

please let me now i like tyranids and i find them interesting.

Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Numbers. And speed.

Don't think of it as "Tyranids don't have vehicles", think of it as "Tyranids don't NEED vehicles". Standard marines don't have the numbers or speed to make it across the board in any meaningful fashion without some sort of support. Eldar are a little better, but they have no reason to cross the board as their troops are generally better at standing and shooting anyway.

And you could argue that, in some ways, Tyranid Monsterous Creatures are a lot like vehicles. Whats a Carnifex but the Tyranid version of the Dreadnaught.

On top of that, you can give wings to several creatures increasing their speed.

Sure, I'd love to have a set of wheels to drop off my genestealers in the middle of the enemy, but then you may as well pain them red and call them Blood Angles. And it would be way too easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speed isnt the problem i was thinking of. i know nids are fast. what i meant was nids dont have anything with armour value. to take out armour 10 you need at least strength 4 to glance 5 to penetrate. but with tyranids you dont have any of that so just armies like guard can just take platoons of men. thats all they need to kill a nid army
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya, they really don't need vehicles, anything that can move 18-24 inches in one turn to get into cc w/ an enemy really doesnt need anything w/ an armor value....

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so they arent as bad as i thought.

i might get a samll force after all - they just look call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure nids dont have tanks but they have wings and everything is fast going through cover where its tuff to shoot at. but in all fairness termegaunts can drop a skimmer or orc killer can and anything with an AV of 10. i chase down skimmers with my gargoyles all the time, sure it will wound me a few times but it drops with one penatrationg shot. i would rather have a extra wounds or better yet more models then an AV.

XG

if you want fast good CC army with somthing like tanks go with Dark Elder, they kick the sh!t out of me for initiative and they cross the board in a turn if they are all mounted in raiders and hey there commander can have a 2+unmodifiable save.

Closed Thread