Wave Serpent - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wave Serpent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know when will GW will release their own Wave Serpent ??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one knows the exact date - its been suggested sometime next spring.

But don't believe internet rumours.... they tend to be extremely unreliable. Although some do have there value I guess.

Thrawn

- semper fi -

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but a flacon and conver ti yurself. its fun
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometime in the near future...
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz...nake.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard it will be released around the time of the new eldar codex that is supposed to come out in 2005. Its a shame really, waveserpant is a great transport.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope its something new. i liek the falcon model(wave serpent looks the same) but if its gonna be a new model wiht a codex...i love the wave serpent tho...lol it almost has living metal&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U know really the Eldar have living metal; wraithbone, but it doesn&#39;t get rules as such.
    My theory is that he reason GW havn&#39;t produced a waveserpent is because they have no idea how: although the chasis is the same as the Falcon, there are too many changes required. At present they would have to extend the rear of the falcon, create a new turret and add a wave projector to the front. These additions would be too expensive and waste to much of the existing kit. They wouldn&#39;t be able to do a half decent job and make it afordable as a plastic kit. Although it looks loverly the Falcon is a really dumb shape, the front wings are just for effect and the crew compartment is stupidly small. Currently decent Waveserpet models, such as the forgeworld one are HUGE because they have a damm great big hole in the middle.
    I believe that when the 4th edition comes we will see a Plastic Waveserpent, but it will not be based on a Falcon. Instead I think we will get a new design and a new chasis. The reason we havn&#39;t seen this already is that a new plastic tank is a big job. If you doubt that they might change the look of the wave serpent remember, in 2nd edition it used to look like the flying train from back to the future 3. [Or a door stop] They won&#39;t change it much, it&#39;ll have the same sleek Eldar look, but it won&#39;t be such a logistical nightmare.
    If was as simple as them knocking out a quick Falcon conversion, a la the Fire Prism, I really think they would have done it by now.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i converted a falcon by adding some modeling putty to the back and attaching the hatch at a 90 degree angle to show it has extra troop carrying capascity.

now to think of the energy field generator in the front....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think forgeworld create kits to help you convert a falcon into a wave serpent. they might even have a full wave serpent kit. just look on thier site.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yu can but the whole wave serpent or the conversion kit of jus the turret you need

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast