How Do You - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Do You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you counter a daemon prince with a necron lord I just cant seem to hurt him

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be able to, you have strength 5, he has a maximum Toughness of 6, a warscythe will ignore ALL of his saves. Not that I'm saying that charging your Lord in is the ideal solution (try Heavy or regular Destroyers for that&#33 but you should definitely be able to hurt him quite badly..... although possibly not as badly as he can hurt you, remember hits from a Monstrous Creature like a Prince will ignore your WBB.
    Flies, flies, eat up his eyes
    The Burgermeister's lovely eyes,
    Before the Burgermeister Dies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

I'd recommend you do the more sensible thing....and dont try. A well tooled up Daemon Prince will beat a tooled up Necron Lord any day. If your going to play tactically youll realise that besting the Prince in close combat is not your priority.

Your priority is killing before it gets into close combat. Its an uber hand to hand unit, its points are wasted if you don't let it. I'd treat it like any monsterous creature, Heavy Gauss cannons, and when it gets close enough rapid firing gauss at it.

Dont bother tolling your Lord up for hand to hand, give him a resurrection orb and keep him with the troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just play the nightbringer. Instadeath.

3's to hit, 2's to wound, pop, he's dead, no saves.

A properly tooled DP is almost impossible for a small necron army to beat. There is a local powergamer that played one fully tooled DP and a bloodthirster (even tougher) at 1000 points.

Justin
    Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would say that there are a few optoins:

1) use c'tan (c'tan can beat that prince easy&#33.

2)have a viel of darkness (a veil of darkness can help get your units go to shoot back and forth not too close tho dont want him to catch up&#33.

3)HEAVY DESTROYERS! they have the strongest guns get the lord to zip the destroyers back and forth.

p.s YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET INTO CLOSE COMBAT WITH IT, MY WHOLE UNIT (with my lord) GOT WIPED OUT IN ONE COMBAT TURN!!!!! (so i would say get a nightbringer to kill him) [FONT=Impact]
    natsonel[FONT=Impact]

+ Reply to Thread