Deceiver - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deceiver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I resently had a fight against necron and he got a deceiver. isn't it a special character so you must have permission from your opponent. or has he some special rule.

Don´t mess with the dicegod

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, he doesn't require permission, and doesn't have a minimum point game limit.

I for one, love the deciever, and he is my favorite piece to play, but he is so overwhelming to the enemy, that I ussually don't field him. I like to play a fair game, and more often than not, the deciever is unfair against most lists.

There is nothing stopping you from telling this opponent that you would like to play against a list without a c'tan.

Justin
    Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you needn´t permission ... however i prefer the nightbringer ... the model is really cool. I have just painted my C´tan and I watn to use it. I will say two of my friends that we muest play a 2500 pts and i will use the NIGHTBRINGER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In "certain situations" it requires permission. This was the one part of the rules i hated. If your friends insist you can't use it, it is perfectly legal but make sure they realise they can't use any special characters either...
    Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The C'tan are the most powerful special character's in the game, without a doubt (they better well be for their points&#33. But i sometimes use the nightbringer (hes the only one i got), but if you don't want to vs. one (they are a pain), tell him that, he should be able to get off along without it.
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order Of the Black Rose</span>
    <span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span>
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C&#39;tan are not the most powerful special characters in the game. This is a very common misconception people have, after seeing the horrendous point cost of the Deceiver or Nightbringer.

There are *better* special characters that cost *less* points and arn&#39;t nearly as risky to your army as taking a C&#39;tan is to a Necron Army.

1) they have a damn lousy 4+ save

2) they only move 6" and they can&#39;t teleport, deepstrike, or infiltrate

3) they have extremely crappy abilities (with the exception of Deceiver&#39;s ability to withdrawal from combat before and attacks are made)

4) they put a serious dent in your phase out number

5) Five warriors are more survivable and cost 75% less

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Khobai+Jan 16 2005, 01:47--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Khobai &#064; Jan 16 2005, 01:47)</div><div class='quotemain'>2) they only move 6" and they can&#39;t teleport, deepstrike, or infiltrate

4) they put a serious dent in your phase out number
    [snapback]304152[/snapback]
    [/b]

Yes this is a dragback for the army. .... However

Originally posted by Khobai@Jan 16 2005, 01:47
    1) they have a damn lousy 4+ save
    But you must remember that C´tan has thoughness 8 and 4+ invulnerable save. Because thourghness 8 you must only worry about heavy weapons (cause S4 weapon or less doesn´t wound the C´tan) and power fists, and this kind of weapons only ignore svaes so i think +4 inv save is better.

<!--QuoteBegin-Khobai
    @Jan 16 2005, 01:47
    5) Five warriors are more survivable and cost 75% less
    [/quote]

Why are they more survivable? I don´t understand

and the model are cool,the Bightbringer is great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t care if Nightbringer is toughness 10, the 20 Warriors I could get for the same point cost would still be better.

Warriors have 5 wounds, a 3+ armor save, and they all get WBB rolls. And they can easily get at least a 4+/5+ cover save from surrounding terrain. Cost = 90 points.

C&#39;tan have 5 wounds, a 4+ armor/invulnerable save, and don&#39;t get a WBB roll. Cost = 300+ points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Khobai@Jan 16 2005, 18:23
    I don&#39;t care if Nightbringer is toughness 10, the 20 Warriors I could get for the same point cost would still be better.

Warriors have 5 wounds, a 3+ armor save, and they all get WBB rolls. And they can easily get at least a 4+/5+ cover save from surrounding terrain. Cost = 90 points.

C&#39;tan have 5 wounds, a 4+ armor/invulnerable save, and don&#39;t get a WBB roll. Cost = 300+ points.
    [snapback]304672[/snapback]
    If you take a C&#39;Tan as an &#39;extra&#39; HQ, you&#39;re right. However, if you still need an HQ in the army, you comparison is rather strange. I&#39;d compare it with a Necron Lord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one plays Necrons with a C&#39;tan as their only HQ choice. You need a Necron Lord, if only for the Ressurection Orb.

Even so...for 360 points...

I can have two Lords with warscythes and 140 points of wargear. I give one of them a phase shifter, and both of them a chronometron, destroyer body, and phylactery.

6 wounds
    6 attacks with no saves (8 attacks on a charge)
    both move 12"
    3+ armor saves
    one of them has a 4+ invulnerable save
    WBB rolls with chance of coming back with 1, 2, or 3 wounds
    Ability to join squads
    Count as Necrons
    Roll 2d6 and take the highest when falling back (nice ability since Necron initiative sucks)

Two Destroyer Lords > Nightbringer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast