Stealth Troops And Trength Of Cannon On Hammerhead - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was wondering if the cannon on top of the hammerhead tank any good? would it be any good against a monalith and also i am haveing problems understanding the ways the stealth troops work and would they be anygood to have in a squad?

thanks for all the help BLOBERT

Be the best or die like the rest!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What cannon on top of the hammerhead? Are you referring to the Ion Cannon, or the Railgun. And Ion cannon is effective against 3+ save armies, but not against heavy armor like the monolith. Whereas, the railgun is the single most effective weapon to use against a monolith.

As far as how stealth teams work, utilize them to take out masses of light infantry, or against small squads of high save infantry. There volume of fire can take down a squad of wraiths or annihilate IG and Tyranid squads with ease. I generally use them out ahead of my force pulling them back as the battle goes on, you can generally use them as bait in Kauyon allowing you to pull an enemy flank in a direction you want as they chase after the stealth team. I dont build an army list without a full squad of stealth suits.
    Also, they are good charge bait if you know you can win combat, ie you need to outnmber somebody heavily, ie a wraith squad that you already waxed one or two of. Most people look at a stealth team and say, oh tau, low initiative low weapon skill, I'll wipe them out if I charge. Unless they have frag grenades they are going to be very disappointed when you go first. Of course if you fail to wipe them out then you're kinda screwing yourself, but its a risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do own a codex, don't you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes but i dont understand some of it
    Be the best or die like the rest!!!!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by BLOBERT@Jan 16 2005, 13:34
    yes but i dont understand some of it
    [snapback]304450[/snapback]
    Read and re-read it. Then ask us the questions - and be specific with the questions. ^_^

Stealth Troops shouldn't be that hard to work. They get the same jet pack movement as Crisis Suits and Drones. They all have Burst Cannons. And they all are attacked using Night Fight rules (read the Rulebook, but I'm pretty positive it says what happens in the codex as well). There's nothing else to 'em.

+ Reply to Thread