Vs Cms Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vs Cms Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,
    Well, this is a tough battle coming up for me. I"m fighting a very experienced player who truthfuly owns around 6k of Chaos Space Marines.
    We are playing a 2,500 game and here is a list of modles that I have to work with.
    2 Winged HT
    6 Warriors
    2 Lictors
    23 Hormagaunts (or Scythgaunts)
    18 Genestealers
    14 Rippers
    22 Gargoyles
    2 Carnifex
    3 Zoanthrops
    2 Biovors

I believe he will go with a shoty tactic against me. There is no telling what modles he will field since he has has anything but Defilers (I think thats what he is lacking).
    So, any little bits you can throw my way to help will be appricated. I know CSM are hard to fight. So far, I'm still new to WH40k (and Tyranids, but I love these bugs) but I have not lost yet (one draw).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude in a 2.5k you only have 23 gaunts?!?!?!

well swamp his daemon prince with gaunts and swamp his greater daemon with gargs and gaunts just avoid them as much as you can with your TMCs until they are weaker (depending on type you might not be able to hurt with gaunts)

and pound them with vc shots after tanks are destroyed the winged HTs will wipe a squad out a turn by themselves especially if he plays slaanesh (6 guys for free aspiring)

take out all his figs (tanks havocs and dreadnoughts are the biggest besides the daemons)
    W/D/L

Hivefleet Omalancho 1/0/0 my current army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, thats all the gaunts I own.. umm... by your exclimation, I seriously need more? Like one full brood of 32? More?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by copperkungfu@Jan 18 2005, 152
    well, thats all the gaunts I own.. umm... by your exclimation, I seriously need more? Like one full brood of 32? More?
    [snapback]306163[/snapback]
    MORE, always need more. Seriously though for that many points I would want at least 2 squads of 32 leapers, and a squad of 32 spinegaunts.
    The hive has a place for all, the biomass is all. Ware to those who fail to see the power that is the hive fleet. Take solace for those who fall to the hive are not lost, just changed for the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

I advise against full broods of 32... they're too large and unwieldy IMO, 24 would be the largest brood I'd field.

I'd probably take 3x20 Leaping Gaunts myself, with possibly a brood of 20 Spines for fodder. Actually, come to think of it, 4x 20 of my Leaping Gaunts (w/HiveN) would be a mere 920pts, leaving 1580pts free for the rest of the army!

If You don't have the models, then not a whole lot You can do. :hmm:

The Gargoyles do help, but their problem is they can't enter terrain.

Clear up with Your opponent whether or not You're using multiple FOCs. I'd say that You should not allow multiple ones if at all possible, because he'll benefit from it much more than You will.

Off the top of my head, You don't quite have 2500pts worth of models available to You... Proxying?
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My normal plan is one large brood of hormies and run that straight at the army, backed up by rendering warriors. I flank with either flying HT and Gargs (if I don't deep strike). Genestealers infiltrate but that often leads to them sitting behind cover for the first turn or two or being bummed rushed by foolish CC units. I march my Carnifexes and Zoanthops with Rippers in as quickly as I can.
    This plan is loose mind you, I don't go with much of a plan since my army is for the most part pretty manuverable. Muddle tougher modles with guants/gargs and mop with monsterious.

For my Army List at 2,500
    Hive Tyrant: Flying, WarpBlast, 2 Scything Talons (all upgrades) ~225
    Hive Tyrant: Flying, WarpBlast, 2 Scything Talons (all upgrades) ~225

Render Warroirs (6): Leaping, 2 Scything Talons (with 2 having a LashWhip instead of an extra scything talon) ~270
    Lictor (2) 160

Hormagaunts (20+3Node) ~260
    Genestealers ( 2 broods of 9) ~290
    Hulking Swarm (increased toughness and lower save to body block my zoanthrops : 4) ~ 60

Weapon Swarms (ripper swarms with rendering claws : 10) ~200
    Gargoyles (22) ~ 220

Carnifex with duce VC (2) ~400
    Zoanthrops (3) ~170

Grand Total ~2480 well... I think I may have under estimated abit but it pretty much uses all my modles. Should I ask for a 2K game so I have some more flexibility?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

Originally posted by copperkungfu@Jan 20 2005, 01:53
    Should I ask for a 2K game so I have some more flexibility?
    --- More accurately, to reduce his...

After all, he has pretty much a free run of any Chaos units of his choice... Thus by restricting points, You're restricting his capability to overwhelm Your rather more limited models in quality or quantity. The latter might sound silly, but IMO Your list lacks in the total number of models which I consider pretty important.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, we have settled on a 2k game. Thank everyone for thier help if we kinda strayed from the subject. I&#39;m looking to find a cheap gaunt box or a battleforce box to help boost my numbers. I wish the guant box came with just leapers though since thats what I want <_<

To rewind abit... in a 2k army with the modles I have... suggestions? advice? bludgeoning statments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

Originally posted by copperkungfu@Jan 20 2005, 200
    I wish the guant box came with just leapers
    --- Ordering individual Hormagaunt sprues online a possibility?

If You don&#39;t have a CredCard, check Your local GW retailer if they offer in-store mailorder.

To rewind abit... in a 2k army with the modles I have... suggestions? advice? bludgeoning statments?
    --- Build Your own list...

It&#39;ll be easier if You provide the basis of what You think You&#39;d want to field, and then we&#39;ll tell You which works, which might work, and which won&#39;t. (Y)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, this Sunday is the finally the day we can play. We are doing 1,500 point game. Here is what I am planning on fielding

2 HT, winged/scything talons with WB
    20 Gargs

2 Carnifex, scything talons and devourer (small table, yea&#33; )
    12 Genestealers

20 Hormagaunts
    3 Warriors (Leaping with Scything/Rendering)

I&#39;m using the Gargs to run disruption for my HT and using Carni to shield my Genestealers. So far, this plan as worked for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast