Tyranid Titans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyranid Titans

Log
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah these things are evil, I played against one of these in a 5000 pts game, and it literally ripped apart my entire army in a few turns. Any ways to take it down?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yyou need seriouse heavy hitting fire power to wound it. You need at least str 8 orandace fire on it to be lucky enough to drain a hull point from it (only has 3), if the ordance is weaker than 8 . You need a 6 to take away a hull point. A plasma pistol, melta guns/bombs, krak missles (think those are str 8 ), need a 4+ to seriouse woound it. Otherwise its a 6. Once its 3 hull points are gone, you can wound it as normal (has 5 wounds) You need to take the titan out quickly otherwise it will **** your close combat unists to kingdom come. You probably wont take it out until turn 4-5 (thats if your quite effiencent and lucky hitting it with powerful weapons, also on basic assumtipn you only have like 1-3 guys which can hit that hard, course you will take a ton of casulties by time) Did your oppenet ask you permission to use the Titan? Its proper to only use it when he asks if he can. If he didnt.... well now you know better.
    As apostles yet not as Apostles. As Believers yet not as Believers. As Traitors yet not as Traitors! We are Disciples of Vengeance. Only bowing and praying forgiveness of our God. Only bowing and defeating the enemies of our God. Wielding our Swords in the night and brandishing our Guns during the day. We are Soldiers. The Soldiers of Mala!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

As said, did Your opponent request permission to use them?

Were they home-made with Creature Design Rules or one of the FW Bio-Titans? Not that it matters, he still needs permission...

As is, lots of concentrated heavy firepower (Lascannons and long-range Ordnance weapons preferably, though a Krak missile can do in a pinch... Meltas are rather short ranged to be worth it IMO) will reduce it to a steaming pile of Tyranid goop with bits of pointy carapace sticking out.

Another way would be to field Your own Titan... The Warhound is IMO much scarier a prospect to face than Bio-Titans.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the tyranid titan looks like S-H-I-T! it looks meesed up.
    Nice Guys Finish Last
    hilarious game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought the new one looks amazing. i want to see painted pictures though, when are they going to put them up?!

anyway. basically, in 5000 points you should have more than enough firepower to take it down. as you're playing legion of the damned however lots of devestator squads and a predator annihilator (i think you can only take one, even with multiple detachments) are in order.
    legion of the damned aren't the best army to use sadly as they are limited in they're heavy support choice. however you definately should be using multiple FOC's.
    still. you can use rending stuff i think, as they only really work against good saves on a 6 anyway. so lascannon/assault cannon dreads and termie squads would be useful.

however, remember you've still got the rest of the nid army to deal with, assault cannons should help with that, but don't concentrate everything you have on the biotitan. otherwise you have tyrants in cc to take care of, which you definately don't want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only time I field my nid titan is when the other person is using one himself. Even in a 5000 point battle they still overly dominate a battlefield. We did have a 15000 point a side battle on a 9' by 9' area on one side were 2 warhound titans the other had none, even with the whole firepower of an imperial guard shaddowsword and 2 baneblades and other units on them only one fell and that was on turn 6. By then it was too late. And we had been playing for 9 hours solid.

Next time when the marine army will have 2 warhounds AND a WarLord titan in a 20000 point battle the other side will have 1 home made Bio-titan worth 1000 points 2 barbed hierodules a harridan and loads of other nasties in 9000 points of nids and all the other firepower of the imperial guard now including 2 baneblades 2 shaddow swords and lots of other long distance ordinance weapons will be fighting along side (house rules to be able to unite)

I still think the 3 titans will be a handfull, but I will have 40 infiltrating stealers right in the path of all 3 so that should be fun before my big guys get stuck in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

Since this is the most recent topic on the subject, I'll post some pics I found:

Soul Devourers 2004, the last 5 pictures... Check out those scratch-built Tyranid monsters!

The big one is most probably a Trygon... What's that, a bit over twice the size of a Leman Russ?

The other, smaller one I can't make sense of... It could be a heavily converted Carnifex or a CDR Monstrosity.

Some of the more normal-sized models also look heavily converted... Like the leaping thingies with Ravener heads (I'd assume they're Warriors).

Now to try and finish my own someday... ^_^;;;;;;
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never actually played with or against Tyranid Bio-Titans. But, I have gone onto forgeworld.com and seen the stats. With the Gargantic Creature rules and a whopping Str. 10, T 8 Sv 2+ with Inv. 5+ save, these things can kill things fast. My suggestion for killing one would be to take loads of lascannons! With Imperial Guard, you can have lots of weapon platforms and tanks which can both hold lascannons. Don't get into cc with one of these guys unless you're the C'tan or a deamon because anything else will die instantly. If it doesn't, you can't shoot it because of close combat (I don't know if you still can because its sooo big :unsure: ).

All fire should be directed at these things. Remember, if its a 5000pt game, you should have loads of stuff as well. The Titans cost about 800pts so thats alot of guys which can possibly take it down (lascannons etc.) If it isn't a synapse creature, you've done good. Kill the synapse creatures and hopefully he'll run away!

Summary : take as many big guns as you can have and direct all fire at these things. If it isn't a synapse creatures, try to break the synaptic bond with it and let it run! Don't get into cc with them, they'll hurt you bad!
    "If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

But they're automatically Tyranid Monstrous Creatures and follow the Codex rules... Thus they will never run, Synapse or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do titans fit into the organization... heavy support? Super heavy support? Mega? I think they could work as an HQ if you have no tactics but run behind the titan, lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast