Fighting Khorne. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500k game,

Any ideas on what I should field and what not?

thanks in advance

sgel

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep in mind khornate chainaxes degrade your armor save to 4+.

get something that can dance around his squads while pummling them with shooting, like gargoyles or winged warriors.

personally i'd tie up the dp with spinegaunts.

one dirty trick i overheard here on l.o. is biovores, berzerkers HAVE to assault anything within 6" at the start of the assault phase even if it's a spore mine............
    Take my words with a grain of salt, i am not the tactical genius i think i am!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rengaw@Jan 19 2005, 20:27
    one dirty trick i overheard here on l.o. is biovores, berzerkers HAVE to assault anything within 6" at the start of the assault phase even if it's a spore mine............
    [snapback]307270[/snapback]
    Good idea. I'll remeber that. A friend of mine plays khorne and I beat his entire army with my HT. However that was about 500 points worth of CSM and not his full 800. He also didn't have chainaxes.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> They will shoot you and cut you up and step on the pieces and burn them and assemble the ashes and shoot them again and grind them into sand and scatter the sand into the sea and boil the sea away and gather the hardened remains and melt them into a rock and shoot the rock and burn what&#39;s left and launch the remains into the sun and...
    </div>
    **or**
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The most powerful gun in the galaxy won&#39;t help if your opponent if bashing your brains out with a rock</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kingkrispy@Jan 20 2005, 12:48
    Good idea. I&#39;ll remeber that. A friend of mine plays khorne and I beat his entire army with my HT. However that was about 500 points worth of CSM and not his full 800. He also didn&#39;t have chainaxes.
    [snapback]307596[/snapback]
    I think that the Khorne beserk rule is that you roll, and potentially loose control, you then move 6" + d6", but it must be towards the the nearest enemy unit.

so, points-poor screen units would be the order of the day - ties up his squads for a turn wiping them out, then you get to mash them next turn

Stumpy
    Divide &amp; Conquer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rengaw@Jan 19 2005, 17:27
    one dirty trick i overheard here on l.o. is biovores, berzerkers HAVE to assault anything within 6" at the start of the assault phase even if it&#39;s a spore mine............
    This is true, remember it works on all units, like the Witch hunters dreds, BA...etc.
    The hive has a place for all, the biomass is all. Ware to those who fail to see the power that is the hive fleet. Take solace for those who fall to the hive are not lost, just changed for the better.

Sexy land, for only the coolest of people
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rengaw@Jan 19 2005, 19:27
    keep in mind khornate chainaxes degrade your armor save to 4+.
    Tyranids already have pretty sucky saves thats not a huge deal, when dealing with certain troops. I actually think genestealers would work dang well against things like you know, demonprince, bloodthirster, anything big not tank and hard to kill you should use the stealers but keep them away from anything else.

Pretty much just get them through without being attacked. Use the hive tyrant and troops to tie them up. Either that or use something else with rending claws and enough attacks to kill them ... like lictors. They dont even have to bother with bezerkers because those just want to get into CC with the enemy across the board. And since they are CC ranged and as you said something to stay around it and attack use my favorite fex, the devour-fex, mutable w/ enhanced sences, toxin sacs, and extended carapace(maybe not if you just plan to use it against bezerkers but use it if there is any chance of anything else to attack it), then dual devourers. This makes it have 8 attacks of 9 strength but use it w/ them especially because its only 12" range. But like if you plan on using all that HS stuff you said earlier and want the dual VC fex for sure then dont use my idea
    &quot;God works in mysterious ways.&quot;
    &quot;Everything happens for a reason.&quot;

I actually have a slug living in YOU, right now...

Slowly will start playing: Iyanden, and Chaos.

+ Reply to Thread