I Am Making A Decision... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am into ulthwe and am gonna paint them ulthwe colors and so on...

but i have to have an army, i have already decided to have 2 guardian defender squads with a warlock each with the whole cover save situation so they get a save! (aginst anything now...i mean i hate bolt guns...20 shots and your squad is gone!!&#33

but any who,

so i am thinking to have my seer council and my squads.....but what next?

P.S. Blood angels rule, the anger lets us ignore wounds ...hehehe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by dunno@Jan 21 2005, 02:32

but i have to have an army, i have already decided to have 2 guardian defender squads with a warlock each with the whole cover save situation so they get a save! (aginst anything now...i mean i hate bolt guns...20 shots and your squad is gone!!&#33

but any who,

[snapback]308446[/snapback]
    Some Heavy Support?
    Some Close-combat units?

A Falcon, 5 Dark Reapers and a Banshee-squad is a good start.
    Craftworld Iyanden | <a href='http://hem.bredband.net/goines/' target='_blank'>Gallery</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK you must have a Seer council to get the warlock for your guardian squad.

I assume you are talking guardian defenders? then add a weapons platforms, star cannon for preference, although if they are black guardians the improved BS can make single shot platforms viable.

From there, you are hort on anti vehicel and assult stuff, common additions to ulthwe include:

D Cannons
    Walkers
    Banshees and serpent/Scorpions with or without serpent
    falcons
    Vypers
    more guardians
    rangers
    reapers
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless the guardian squads are really big warlocks aren&#39;t really worth it. They are the price of 4 guardians but only provided an extra 1/3 chance of keeping your models alive and this is only against AP 5 or better ranged, non-flame, non-ordanance weapons. Just taking the extra four guardians is usually better although against SM the threshold size of squad for including a warlock drops consiedrably.

Wraithlords should be added to Cheredanine&#39;s list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ:
    Seer council (just the box)

Troops:
    8 guardians w/warlock w/power w/platform.
    8 guardians w/warlock w/power w/platform.

Elites:
    10 striking scorpions or somethign else CC aimed. Exarch w/biting claw and stealth.

Heavy:Wraithlords/Dark reapers

Fast:Vypers

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by dunno@Jan 21 2005, 04:32

but i have to have an army, i have already decided to have 2 guardian defender squads with a warlock each with the whole cover save situation so they get a save&#33; (aginst anything now...i mean i hate bolt guns...20 shots and your squad is gone&#33;&#33;&#33

but any who,

[snapback]308446[/snapback]

You need some CC staying power. I prefer Striking scorpions in a Wave serpent of just give the Exarch Stealth. Banshees are nice, but I don&#39;t use them because they have a STR of 3 and they suck after the 1st round.

Definetly get at least one falcon. They are one of the most mobile and offensive tank skimmers in the game. Get it, love it.

Weapon platforms if u plan on not using FOF. A Wraithlord, slow as hellw, but good when he gets there. A BS of 4 will help. Give him a BL or a SC.

I&#39;d skip on the Avatar, but that&#39;s just me. He looks cool, but he is way too fragile...

I personally love Warp Spiders, but some people dont care for them. A 3+ save is always nice and the ability to rapid fire and pop away is harrassment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by PCB Wizard@Jan 22 2005, 07:32
    Unless the guardian squads are really big warlocks aren&#39;t really worth it. They are the price of 4 guardians but only provided an extra 1/3 chance of keeping your models alive and this is only against AP 5 or better ranged, non-flame, non-ordanance weapons. Just taking the extra four guardians is usually better although against SM the threshold size of squad for including a warlock drops consiedrably.

[snapback]308801[/snapback]
    wait let me get this straight...if i get hit with an ap 4 weapon and have a warlock in my guardian squad that is getting hit, and i have given the warlock conceal...that means i dont get the save.......either thats what your saying or i dont speak your language&#33;

ok so here is my army,
    Seer council, 2 farseers, 3 warlocks

guardian squad of 16, warlock (Black defenders)

guardian squad of 16, warlock (Black defenders)

Howling banshees, exarch, wave sepant

wraithlord

is that ok for small games? dont worry about the wargear tho, i have that figured...

but any thing about that and stuff just say
    P.S. Blood angels rule, the anger lets us ignore wounds ...hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he got a big confused. Cover saves are not affected by AP values.

I always like to give my Black Guardians a weapon platform, they can move and shoot and add range to the unit. Of course they are quite expensive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ALWAYS get your save vs fire if you are using conceal except if you are being shot by indirect fire by a baselisk for example. Also you NEED platforms in your army imo. Just a plain guardian squad doesn&#39;t do much get 1 box of guardians split them in 2 groups of 8 each add a platform and PERHAPS a warlock and you have a 10-11 man sized squad with a heavy weapon in it.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that PCB wizards point was that the Warlock with Conceal only has an affect against AP5 or better weapons (because vs AP6 and AP- the Guardians get their normal saves anyway), and then only gives a 1/3 chance of doing anything anyway.

Not that I necessaily agree with his conclusion, but the initial assertion is in fact correct (albeit, apparently not clearly stated).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast