Mechanized Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mechanized Tau

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I want to create an army that is freshly Tau, best weapons, all mech, only FW, and not specialized towards any one army. How expensive is this money wise, and point wise? Does this aproach actually work? Also what would make a good color scheme if I want them to be fighting in plains grassland.

Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, for starters, a mecha-tau writeup is extensively written on other threads, however, you have asked an interesting question, how expensive is this going to be to startup. Well, lets start with some number-crunching, I'll make two lists, one assuming that you dont have Crisis Suits like you asked, and another assuming that you, like would be required by a semi-competitive armylist.

HQ: Either an Aun or a Crisis Suit = $10 or $20
    Troops: 6 Firewarrior Devilfish Combo Boxes = $300
    2 Firewarrior Boxes = $60
    Heavy Support: 3 hammerhead tanks = $120
    That is roughly $500 for a roughly 1850 points battleforce. In other words, about $1 per every 3.7 points.

Now, a more mechanized battleforce.

Battleforce boxset x 2, gives you 24 firewarriors and 6 crisis suits. 180
    HQ: Bought by battleforce
    Elites: Bought by battleforce
    Troops: 4 Devilfish boxsets: 200
    Heavy Support: 3 Hammerheads $120
    Thats $500 to mechanize your army. But you get more, you'll actually have over 2000 points. Your army will also be very flexible, you'll have the suits able to customize and deal with any type of army. Sure, you'll have kroot, but they actually don't cost you a dime to buy, so thats 24 kroot you can either learn to play with, or sell on ebay, you'd average around 30 dollars for that many new on sprue kroot (less though honestly). Sure, you're army doesnt have stealth suits, and thats a crying shame, but you have a tournament ready army for $500, which I think is average in this game.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I wanted to stay away from the Kroot or other allies, thats what I meant by only Fire Warriors, they seem to stray away t\from the fluff I've thought of. Otherwise thanks.
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mech Tau is cheaper than static or hybrid Tau for the simple reason that there are so few models in the army! Hammerheads run 35$-40$ and cost 160-180 pts while a Broadside is 30$ and costs 75 pts.

The army is competative, although there is a long learning curve. As Maus said, there is a lot of Mech Tau info on this site for you to check out. I'd recommend starting with the stickied post at the top of the forum.
    Mechanized Tau Tactica - A forum for the discussion of tactics relavant to Mech Tau armies.

The Guide to Mech Tau - An in-depth study of the strategies for running a Mech Tau army.

Game Geeks - A weekly video game talk show that I co-host. If you like video games, give it a listen!

+ Reply to Thread