How Do Orks Win - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: How Do Orks Win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in hate ordance as genrelly when the stuff starts falling my orkies dissapear what do you do also what is the best fast atack option?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, punctuation is your friend. Use it.

(cut and pasted with some modifications from a previous post)

Cover helps, and that is why I scoff at folks that just pipe up about having huge units of 30 Orks. Unless you are playing with an ungodly amount, you will never keep units of this size within reasonable amounts of cover. Huge units do work well with lots of grots though (or lots of bikers to provide cover). But 2 units of 15 Orks are more valuable than one huge unit of 30.

Check size is am immensely powerful ability for Orks along with mobbing up. Ork units can take a lot of punishment. Even if they break, combined with proper deployment you can have them fold into a smaller unit of specialty troops (burna boys or tankbustas) to make them even larger. Pinning tests can also be ignored with the check size rule. Just keep moving.

I do not use a force entirely on foot however. I do compliment the bulk of my foot troops with some fast attack and units that use transports. The idea is to split up the enemy's firepower and get units into assaults on a flank. Usually this works. Oddly enough it is the armies that are monsters in HTH that cause me the most problems, not the shooting armies. Buggies are very good at harrassing heavy weapon troops and some vehicles, but nothing beats a warboss (and nobs) with powerclaws when tearing through tanks.

Orks are not a great shooting army, but they can be surprisingly effective if you can dump a lot of firepower on a single enemy unit. I find people sometimes are surprised by this. Especially when you see two slugga mobs of 15+ shooting an enemy with 12 STR5 (4 big shootas) and 2 STR8 (rockit) shots, all the while STILL advancing. The key is to use huge ungodly amounts of firepower on a single unit. Space Marines and Tau can trade single unit's firepower on multiple targets. Orks need about 3-4 full units to do the same.

Closed Thread