Escalation With Iyanden? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've wanted to play Iyanden FOREVER, call it a dream, call it a calling, but I love those spirit locked mini-naughts and their wraithlordy cousins. call me cheesy, i just want to roll those baby on the board. however, most of the games i play in my area are escalation, or are beginning escalation. is there anyway, with this uber-expensive force, to pull off a 500 point game? At what point do Iyanden grow into their own, 1500 plus, or 1000, or what? Thanks in advance.

It is living and ceasing to live that are imaginary solutions. Existence is elsewhere. - Andre Breton

"this coffin already has a body, thank you very much. we have coffins empty for sale."- me

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've played 7 battles with my 1700 strong Iyanden and won 5 of them so I guess they work alright at that big a game. At a 500 battle I have difficulty seeing Iyanden working good though. It's just too small a number when your basic squad costs 175 + warlock.

Salamanders - Loss
    Salamanders - Win (Total wipeout)
    Imperial Guard - Win
    Eldar/Tau - Win
    Speed Freeks - Win
    Death Guard - Win
    Dark Angels - Loss
    Craftworld Iyanden | <a href='http://hem.bredband.net/goines/' target='_blank'>Gallery</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ye it will be a problem to get a 500 point army in Iyanden because they cost so much bt when you get that winning combo they will be totally uba
    http://rhcp.forumup.org/
    Check it out.
    Its new but it will grow if people join.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by The Wailing doom@Jan 28 2005, 071
    Ye it will be a problem to get a 500 point army in Iyanden because they cost so much bt when you get that winning combo they will be totally uba
    [snapback]314538[/snapback]
    You won&#39;t ever be &#39;uba&#39; at 500 points. No matter which combo you&#39;re using. :ph34r:

Your basic Marine army will have enough Plasmaguns, Lascannons and Krak Missiles to kill your 5 Wraithguards, Farseer and little of the rest many times over.
    Craftworld Iyanden | <a href='http://hem.bredband.net/goines/' target='_blank'>Gallery</a>

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can&#39;t you just use your regular heavy choices to put WraithLords in at 500 pts? Like, 2? Two wraith Lords at 500 pts seems just wrong. Also, 500 pt games are usually on smaller boards, right? So skip the heavy weapons, just make them super assaulty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need at least 250 pts for the troops. Then another 55 for the farseer (cheapest power mw 15 pts) then your already on 305 pts you cna get 1 waveserpent and something else so as you can see it can never be &#39;&#39;assaulty&#39;&#39; in 500 pts.

If we look @ DE for example for 500 pts.
    hamo with scissor hands destructor reaver jetbike for hq 80 pts.
    10 warriors 2 with dark lances 1 blaster
    Total of 500 pts.
    Try to beat that with a couple of wraithguard and a wave+farseer the DE and most likely alot of otehr races will have such a big advantage vs the Iyanden force wraithguard are to expensive for small pts game. I would only play games around 1500+ otherwise you cant really get such a good working force imo.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750pt game vs SM I used 2 WL w/ SC, 2 min squads of WG, 1 Farseer with Mindwar, 1 warlock, and 10 guardians. My guardians ran off the table and I lost 2 WG, however I killed the SM to the man. With small armies you just need to know how to use terrain to minimize the number of times you get shot at. Would you believe me if I told you that on a moderate terrain board with all of the terrain in deployment zones and on the far flanks I happened to kill a necron army at 1000 pts with me getting into CC and them only rapid firing with 1 squad of warriors once, and having 2 immortals fire their weapons once?
    ph34r teh 1337 k0r34n 5p33x0r

+ Reply to Thread