For The Ancestors! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    across the street. yeah, in that house. i'm watching you.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm for a kroot codex!!! Who's with me??? although, i realize that this couldn't happen for a LONG time... but i don't care!

btw, if you disagree, don't say so! I don't think my self-esteem can take it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Listening to nuns&#39; confessions is like being stoned to death with popcorn</div>

There&#39;s nothing quite as fun as seeing a Chaos Lord overdose on combat drugs two inches away from an assault...

&quot;On to battle, and to glory&#33;&quot;
    --Master Shaper Kiirn Thenolok

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Shield your ego..I disagree. There&#39;s rules for a Kroot mercenary army in chapter Approved, that&#39;s as good as it&#39;s gonna get. The main focus of the Kroot is to compliment the Tau, GW wouldn&#39;t take them away from that,it would be like making the DE usable under an Eldar list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, I would not suggest that the Tau be prohibited from using Kroot. They can use them. They need the close combat prowess. And I also understand that, assuming this were to happen (Please, GW?) it would not be for many moons.

Secondly, I don&#39;t see how giving the Kroot a codex is akin to making the Dark Eldar usable in an Eldar force. In fact, that seems like near the opposite.

There is an msn message board (Kompletely Kroot) that is entirely dedicated to the Kroot, and they have actually written and playtested a COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL "codex" for the Kroot. It&#39;s actually kind of interesting, if a bit unfeasible.

Also, if anyone from KK reads this, hey&#33; Over there I&#39;m known as Kiirn Thenolok. So here&#39;s a shoutout to all my kinsmen&#33; :lol:

So anyway, I just wanted to see if there were any people here that would be in support of such a thing.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> Listening to nuns&#39; confessions is like being stoned to death with popcorn</div>

There&#39;s nothing quite as fun as seeing a Chaos Lord overdose on combat drugs two inches away from an assault...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It&#39;s not something i think is gonna happen anytime soon, if at all. i don&#39;t think they have enough of kroot to make a feasable codex. the merc list was enough anyway.

of course you could use house rules, if your opponents consent. i once saw one home-made Codex on Grots which was really quite good. you could probably use a similar one for kroot, provided it isn&#39;t overpowered.

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The merc list is enough. But that doesn&#39;t mean it couldn&#39;t happen. There are many ideas spinning around about how to expand the list and how to fix up any problems with the current one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Wrong forum....
    Moved to the TAU forum.
    "As I walk through the valley of LO I fear no spammer, because I got the power to ban"

Of Trui and Gay

A Chaos Space Marines Diary

Svenska Rackham Sidan

troopseses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally some more people who play Kroot Mercenaries....

I completely agree with a Kroot codex...

maybe they could throw some stuff in there that deals more with the genetic traits... and maybe alternate cavalry besides the blasted tracker kindred (they are utterly usless in 4th ed)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to disagree. As someone said before, the kroot were designed to acompany the Tau, and making a full fledged codex would take far too much time, effort, and money for the amount of people who would actually play it. The mercenaries list is more than enough.
    Don&#39;t look now... But there&#39;s one man too many in this room and I think it&#39;s you.
    - Julius Henry &quot;Groucho&quot; Marx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would they need their own codex. Aren&#39;t chapter approved rules and forge world models enough for you people.
    There is no path in life except that which you make for yourself.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by Commander_Warhawk@Feb 11 2005, 14:28
    Why would they need their own codex. Aren&#39;t chapter approved rules and forge world models enough for you people.
    [snapback]326661[/snapback]
    Obviously not? They wouldn&#39;t be discussing it if &#39;yes&#39; were the answer to that, would they?

Honestly, I think Kroot would do well with their own codex/model line. Maybe make them a little more balanced (I think they are slightly too weak in the Kroot Merc.&#39;s list, that&#39;s just how I am), as well as giving us some better, plastic models...some official ones for Vultures, etc.

If Kroot were designed to help Tau out, why did they bother with a Kroot Merc.&#39;s list? Mind answering that, anyone? It&#39;s because they&#39;re fluffily Mercenaries as well, and I think their own codex would prove to be very cool and a new page in the 40k book - will introduce a great new POV while still being able to relate to some things, like the Tau. Maybe more on Kroot history?

+ Reply to Thread