Pathfinders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Pathfinders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does having to buy transport spoil the pathfinders? if u infiltrate its a wasted 80 points as u cant transport anything else in it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I view transports as "seeker missiles pods".

You can also sacrifice them by putting them in front of an enemy unit you really dont want to be able to shoot at something else next turn, or blocking thier movement.

Be creative!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all,

I find pathfinders to be the unit with the most potential, but least desirability. That transport is eating 85 points. 80 for the DF, and 5 for the decoy launchers. Those are points I could use for something altogether more unwholesome for my enemy. however the Pathfinders have two saving graces.

1. The most expensive suprise assault in the game.
    2. The new rail rifle.

1. The suprise assault is a tactic I proposed in the Tau'va board about a year and a half ago. It is taking a basic pathfinder force, with only emp grenades for upgrades, and an 85 pt Df. Use your first free move before game to charge the enemy, and leave them on the tranport. Then on your first turn move another full move, disembark, and assault the poor unsuspecting heavily laden transport of juicy goodness. Even blood angels will be impressed at the makshift 32" assault range of your upity tau bretheren. However be advised that the idea is 211 pts with no upgrades besides the grenades, and the decoy launchers. So your target would have to be somehting super juicy, like a land raider w/termies, or a pesky out of site basilisk that would under normal circumstances ream you a new one.

2. The new rail rifle, when combined with seeker missiles on their mother devilfish makes the pathfinders the perfect hunting squad. People might actually fear them now, but then again too much attention on the little guys may be bad, we will see.

-Chaplain Vycan
    Parsaian Empire
    22nd Crusade

Closed Thread