Are Nids Fun? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are Nids Fun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had enough playing a boring old army, that all you do is shoot, and stay still. So i was thinking of being on the other side of the charge. naturally i though of nids

Are the nids a formidable army to play and collect?

mabye could you answer a few Q's and give me some tips if I were to start off?

1.Are nids generally fun to play with
    2. are the cool to paint?
    3. Does their weak armour saves make a huge impact on the way you play?
    4. Pros and cons of nids.

I know i'm asking a lot of you, but think... I might be one more to add to the hive mind

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are wery fun to play!

You can convert alot.

They are fun to paint, but the best fun is to watch the fear in your opponents eyes when you deploy your killer bugs...
    "I keep the bible in a pool of blood,
    so that none of it`s lies can affect me."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by noctus101@Jan 31 2005, 00:47
    1.Are nids generally fun to play with
    2. are the cool to paint?
    3. Does their weak armour saves make a huge impact on the way you play?
    4. Pros and cons of nids.
    [snapback]316937[/snapback]
    1.Yes
    2.Yes
    3.No (the ones with bad armour saves {except genestealers and raveners} are supposed to be cheap cannon fodder anyway).
    4.Pros:
    -Very versitile army that can have masses of small troops while also having HUGE creatures
    -AWESOME in cc
    -Very fast
    -Very convertable, fun to paint
    -WINGS
    Cons:
    -Shoot the Big Ones
    -Expensive HQ
    -Not so good at shooting
    -Winged creatures can't go into cover

In general, however, Tyranids are a fun and rewarding army with many more pros then cons
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> They will shoot you and cut you up and step on the pieces and burn them and assemble the ashes and shoot them again and grind them into sand and scatter the sand into the sea and boil the sea away and gather the hardened remains and melt them into a rock and shoot the rock and burn what&#39;s left and launch the remains into the sun and...
    </div>
    **or**
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The most powerful gun in the galaxy won&#39;t help if your opponent if bashing your brains out with a rock</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definately go for tyranids or dark eldar (THEY AREN&#39;T CRAP)

Tyrandis are fun to play and paint and it doesn&#39;t have the tau/IG stand and shoot boringness. I&#39;d wait for the new codex though.
    FISH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

If considering Tyranids, do note that the 4thEd Codex is coming out around this summer... Thus Tyranids are a bit risky to start at the moment, since their points and effectiveness might change (possibly even drastically in some cases) even if their bioweapon and biomorph options remain valid in the new Codex.

If You want to start, go ahead&#33; Just remember that any suggestions for army compostion and equipment are based on the current Codex which won&#39;t be around for long...

Remember to study Your Codex and build up a preliminary army list (with feedback from us) before assembling any models. It&#39;s all too easy to create Tyranids of dubious effectiveness... Most everything can work, some combinations are just clearly more cost-efficient than others.

1. Yes&#33; Personally, I like playing an army of beasts intent on eating their enemy.

2. Yes, though a bit of a bore as well... You will be painting a lot of Gaunts&#33;

3. No... As said, most of those with low saves are fodder. The low-savers which aren&#39;t, need to be wielded with preciosion and supported by fodder where possible.

4. Can&#39;t really think of any that haven&#39;t already been said...
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i played with tyranids and it&#39;s the best when you charge into cc against people like tau who are basically bug food in cc. My friend plays tau (he isn&#39;t very good) and maybe thats why I have so much fun playing him :shifty: . But seeing the look in his face wen i get into cc... its awsome. They should make a master card commercial for warhammer. Like... Carniflex...&#036;50, SM battle force... &#036;130, Watching tyranids charge into cc against tau... priceless.
    Common sense isn&#39;t common.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehehehe....thats so true TITAN. Tyranids are a fun army to use and i have found in my opinion one of the most rewarding armies in the long run, yes you wont have a devastating Swarm over night, it took me several months and lots of cash injections before i had an army that scared my opponents silly.

The best things about nids is the fear Factor they bring to battles...

1/ The look on opponents face as you start to deploy an army that out numbers him two to one, and he realizes he hasn&#39;t brought enough high str ap 2 weapons to take down your TMC&#39;s

2/ The look on your opponents face when you infiltrate genestealers Closer to his army....

3/ The look on your opponent when you reveal lictors hiding in a bush right next to were he has just set up a fireblock

4/When they start to question how many heavy choices 3 biovores take up..thats always a funny one as the vores decimate squads that are packed close together

5/ The look of bemusement as your opponent sees you roll a 6 for fleet with your hormies and then finds out leapers have a 12 inch assault, as they smash into a squad of his prize hero&#39;s followed by a winged hivetyrant :rolleyes:
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im so excited now&#33; man that sounds awsome&#33;

I am a skilled painter, and I love to paint so the gaunt problem is over.

Man I cant wait&#33;

Are there any suggestions in fighting chaos, as my friend has this. He love khorne beserkers, so wat do you guys think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well khorn space marines are kinda tuff.. the best thing would be to have hourmagaunts infront of some Genestealers since the the genestealers have rending claws and the hourmagaunts are basicly cannon fudder... if you pick genestealers just promise me you paint them the original way&#33; thats how they where meant to look&#33; (blue and purple skin).. good to see another nid player

http://www.rivalspecies.com/ this rocks
    [omg deviant art account: http://www.deviantart.com/]
    [theres a space hulk based comic on my deviantart]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by patriarch@Feb 2 2005, 12:21
    if you pick genestealers just promise me you paint them the original way&#33; thats how they where meant to look&#33; (blue and purple skin).

Dosent that kinda contridict everything tyranids stand for? The way they where meant to look, does that mean that there is only one rigth way for them to look? and that if it is requierd they do not evolve and change color? if there is ONE rigth way, then it means that there is stasis and no evolution, that does not sound like mine nids at least..
    -------------------------------------------------

Hallgeir Gustavsen
    Tyranids, Dwarfs and Oger Kingdoms.
    Ultramarines, Woodelfs, Necrons
    -------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread