Question I Need Clearing Up. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, as you know i have just started tyranids. I have the codex, which is pretty good i might add, but i found something a bit strange.

In the dex, a carnifex has a strenght ten right. But people in this forum say that a fex with a VC on, or a barbed strangler on only has a strenght 8? How does this work. Any help would be aprreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the rules for the Barbed Strangler..............it subtracts 2 to the strength and a VC adds 2 to the strength.
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>&quot;ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US&quot;</span></span>
    (raise fist in defiance)

<a href='http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/allyourbase.swf' target='_blank'>http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/fl...allyourbase.swf</a> this is so *****ing awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thnx Chaosbrynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Some Tyranid bioweapon characteristics (notably Strength and Rate-Of-Fire) are dependant on the host organism.

Codex p8, left column, "Ranged Bioweapons", the first three paragraphs for the basics. See the actual weapon entries on the same page for the exact modifiers.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so if i was using a VC on a carnifex, it would be strength 10 right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

And you can make the Fex cheaper by building him under the Mutable Fex chart and not buying his Str upgrade. the VC will still be Str10 and you&#39;ve saved yourself a few points.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Gojiratoho@Feb 3 2005, 12:12
    And you can make the Fex cheaper by building him under the Mutable Fex chart and not buying his Str upgrade. the VC will still be Str10 and you&#39;ve saved yourself a few points.
    [snapback]319968[/snapback]

But not many points. I tried this out myself, but then Uzi pointed out to me that it&#39;s almost the same thing to take the standard fex at the beginning of the Codex, give him extended carapace, and a VC with scythes. After you are done he is 153 points. When I created my own fex that was close he came out to 148. Not a significant difference.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Alone, no. But combined with points shaving from the Tyrant, Warriors, Gaunts, and anything else you might build via mutable genus, it adds up.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

I usually go with ToxSacs, even when taking VC &#39;Fexes... Never know when that increased CC Str might come in handy after all&#33; And I&#39;m gladly dropping the equal of a Scythegaunt to afford it.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread