40k Wyvern - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 40k Wyvern

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really love dragons and therefore decided to make rules for a Wyvern in a 40k Ork army. I will post them as soon as i get home.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't mean to be rude, but I'm not sure that dragons really fit in that well with 40K in general, let alone Orks...
    "I am, after all," said Pooh, "a bear of very little brain." -- A.A. Milne

<a href='http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=7017&amp;t=1' target='_blank'>Get Firefox&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, The teeth on kharn&#39;s Chain-axe is made of teeth from mica dragons on some planet i cant remember....

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but that&#39;s GW fluff, generally to be discounted at every possible opportunity.

I apologise if I am wrong, it just doesn&#39;t seem to me as if they suit 40K. I&#39;m still not sure about Orks being able to field them, unless they happen to be easily tameable or fungi, they probably wouldn&#39;t bother.
    &quot;I am, after all,&quot; said Pooh, &quot;a bear of very little brain.&quot; -- A.A. Milne

<a href='http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=7017&amp;t=1' target='_blank'>Get Firefox&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe for feral Orks on an Eldar exodite world....But not for a regular Ork army...WAAAGH&#33;
    &quot;Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH&#33;&quot;
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was gonna wrap it in chains and have a shitload of grotz trying to tame it and calm it down..... But maybe your right..... Maybe I&#39;ll put some futuristic ***** on it or something.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good, I like the grot idea...gotta love em...WAAAGH&#33; da grots.
    &quot;Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH&#33;&quot;
    Warlord Hakbash

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, The teeth on kharn&#39;s Chain-axe is made of teeth from mica dragons on some planet i cant remember....
    From the mica dragons on "Luther Mcintyre"

I can&#39;t see anything wrong in adding a wyvern in 40k, just think of it the galaxy isn&#39;t exaclty populated entirely of gunslinging men and women... and orks.
    Just make sure you make the Wyvern playable, as in not overpowering ***** with 124 THOUSAND attacks and 34 str&#33;&#33;...sorry...
    Just make him playable... as in "ok I can go with that", commented by your opponent.
    But try to make him orky the 40k way&#33;
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay&#33;&#33;&#33; I&#39;m home&#33;&#33;&#33; Here are the rules&#33;&#33; :

Space Ork Wyvern 0-1

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
    5 0 9 6 4 4 3 7 5+

Lead along: The Wyvern is accompanied by a group of five to eight Gretchin slaves. The squad also must include a slaver. He may be given any equipment allowed from the Ork armory.

Wings: The Wyvern has an enormous pair of dragon-like wings that it uses to glide over the battlefield. Therefore, it ignores all terrain and counts impassable terrain as difficult terrain. It also may move 12" a turn and assault the normal 6".

Savage nature: At the beginning of each Ork turn, a leadership test must be made against the Slaver&#39;s leadership value. Follow results on table below:

1-7 The test is passed and the Wyvern is commanded as normal

8-10 The Wyvern becomes furious and moves on its own will. Roll 2D6 and a scatter dice to determine where it moves. A result of ‘hit’ is re-rolled.

11-12 The Wyvern goes berserk and decides it’s very hungry&#33; Remove one of the Gretchin slaves as a casualty. For the next turn, the Gretchin continue to try and control the Wyvern. It may not be used for that turn.

“Bye, Bye&#33;? : If all the Gretchin slaves and Slaver are destroyed, the Wyvern is removed from the battlefield as it sees no logical reason to be there without its controllers. Its counts as destroyed for Victory Points purposes.

Weapon options: The Wyvern’s squad may include a Gretchin armed with a big shoota for 20 points, a rocket launcher for 30 points, or a flamethrower for 40 points. The weapon uses the Gretchin’s BS to fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks fine, barring Savage Nature. I think it should be the Slaverz leadership that is tested against and, if he fails, you roll on the table you included.

What do others think?
    &quot;I am, after all,&quot; said Pooh, &quot;a bear of very little brain.&quot; -- A.A. Milne

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast