Help On Army 1500 Pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im just looking for a little help in the building of this army. Any suggestions would be helpful.

HQ:190
    Necron Lord(100)
    Ressurection Orb(40)
    Destroyer Form(30)
    Solar Pulse(20)

Elites:392
    7 Immortals(196)
    7 Immortals(196)

Troops:540
    10 Warriors(180)
    10 Warriors(180)
    10 Warriors(180)

Heavy Support:
    3 Heavy Destroyers(195)

Fast Attack:
    3 Wraiths(123)

LIkei said before any suggestions on how to make this army a little better im open. I was consider the option of taking out my wraiths to make room for a monolith ,but i need an opion on this army first

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's nice, but you should take out the wraiths, since they are the only closecombat troop, they wil be slaughtered before the enemy..

if you are going to take a wraith squad, put in a destroyer lord with warscythe, then go tank hunting, or killing expensive hq's.

you could also take in a monolith, use it to phase a unit through..

first deploy your full 12 inch.
    then move the monolith 6 inch
    phase the unit wraiths with lord through the monolith, deploy them 2 inch from the monolith's portal.
    move 12 inch with the wraiths and lord
    assault 6 inch.

there you just made a 26 inch move in turn 1
    in most games this wil result in closecombat on turn 1, and you can stop nasty units from shooting at your more prized units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by IceZero@Sep 26 2003, 03:59
    if you are going to take a wraith squad, put in a destroyer lord with warscythe, then go tank hunting, or killing expensive hq's.
    On the Destroyer Lord bit, if you take him, make sure he gets that 4+I save.. with the phase shifter. Makes him last a lot longer against those Expensive HQ opponents with 8 power weapon attacks.

I like the double Immortal squad. Very nice. 14 S5 shots each turn at 24"...

The solar pulse on the lord, can only be used once per game is that right. I have never used it, didn't like the one time use thing. When you play put up a post saying how it did.

The heavy destroyers. very nice. Remember for 15 points less per destroyer the heavy 3 option on the Regular Destroyers and your still glancing on 6's... when all the tanks are dead or no longer a threat they can shoot up some troops real nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, there assult 2, so make that 28 shots each turn, even better :lol:
    looks pretty good to me, but i would take some destroyers....the heavy destroyers are good to, but they ony get 1 shot each turn, vs the normal destoryers 3....
    but, as always, it is up to you.
    and this may juts be me, but im not gonna use my monolith in a battle lower then liek 2k...but then again thats just me.... :w

that wand smily is cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took all ur replys to heart and here how it looks now

HQ:200
    Necron Lord(100)
    Ressurection Orb(40)
    Destroyer Form(30)
    Solar Pulse(20)
    WarScythe(10)

Elites:392
    7 Immortals(196)
    7 Immortals(196)

Troops:540
    10 Warriors(180)
    10 Warriors(180)
    10 Warriors(180)

Fast Attack:300
    3 Destroyers(150)
    3 Destroyers(150)

ANy more opions would be nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that solar pulse isn't realy necessary, but it can help you in the first turn.
    coz if u use it when not in nightfight, the opponent must use the nightfight rules to shoot at you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

why, oh why do you have the solar pulse? get rid of it and get a nightmare shroud or something like that instead. since you're army will be suffering alot in cc you will need all help you can get. and a nightmare shroud is extremely potent at this. and if you have some pariahs close to attacking enemy units the effect would become devastating.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fine fine fine ill take away the pulse and add a ngithmareshroud. I just put that in there so that my friend( tau fanatic) can just shoot up my guys first turn or when im closing in for the kill ill amke him make a "can i see them" test. Buti see your poin i guess when im fighting a shooting army ill use pulse if i go againts close combat... like black templars and all those other guys i can make them run to there momma. Now im just wondering should i take out the destroyer body and the shroud and make him have veil of darkness. It would take my guys right out of close combat or maby a monolith so i can teleport them away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by NecronPriest@Sep 27 2003, 20:12
    Now im just wondering should i take out the destroyer body and the shroud and make him have veil of darkness. It would take my guys right out of close combat or maby a monolith so i can teleport them away.
    That destroyer body gives him a T6... that is a bad Muther... also FYI, the WarScythe doen't count againt his 100 Wargear Points.

The Veil would be cool to use with your Immortals to move around the board and shoot stuff up.

The Monolith, like the previous post is tough to fit in under the 2000 or 1850 point level. It is a powerful thing with the ordance weapon and sometimes with rerolling that WBB. But it is 235 points of more Destroyers, Immortals, Wraiths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For My Dest. Lord I usually take the Phylactery, as the only thing more disenheartening for your opponent, than watching him stand up with one wound, is watching him stand up with 2 or 3!

Closed Thread