What Do You Want From The 4th Ed Tau Codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know if this should be in rules developments or the Tau forum...but, what would you like to see in the 4th ed Tau codex, both rules and model wise?

Heres my wish list:

1. I would like to see the Kroot merc list bundles along with the codex.
    2. I would like Kroot auxilarys to be more than just "second rate" kroot mercs, i want the models to look more like there fighting for the Tau. Some Tau-ish shoulderpads, maybe some Tau like helmits (not a fire warrior helmit, but a helmit with a Tau-ish feel)
    3. I would like Hounds and Krootox to become options for a Kroot carnivour sqaud, not seperet choices. I would like to see the Kroot get some options to take 3 or 4 pulse weapons per sqaud to set them apart from Mercs
    4. I would like Kroot cav for a fast attack choice, abit like IG routh riders, but not like the scout cav the Kroot mercs get, but proper HtH cav, setting Kroot auxilarys apart from Kroot mercs. Pobably get an option to take hounds too.
    5. I would like a new Krootox heavy support unit. Exactly like the Krootox in carnivour sqauds, but as an independent unit (3-6 Krootox a unit?) and the option to replace the Kroot gun with a Tau Battlesute weapon. Again, to make Kroot auxilarys more Tau-ised
    6. I would like Human Auxilarys to come in platoons, not sqauds, have the option to ride in a modified Chimera and the option to take Flamers an modified Grenade launchers (firing photon and emp) aswell as Carbines and Pulse Rifles. I would also like to see 1 sentinal sqaud, modified with Tau jetpacs per platoon, as part of the troops choice.
    7. A new open topped fast skimmer for the Tau, kinda like a huey helicopter, with eather side sponson burts cannons or forward facing missile pods, and the ability to deep strike - Just so i can do apocalips now impressions with my Tau army, and for no other reason. The entire idea sutes the Tau's mobile style of war anyway
    8. New Drones - A medical drone, a repare drone and a suiside drone, and maybe some kind of buzzsaw drone.
    9. Some kind of doctorin/sept system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im sorry to have to say this wert, but, none of that will ever happen.it sounds to me that you cant decide which army you want to use IG or tau, they will never merge like you want them to.
    ARMOUR HAS A “U� IN IT

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there's a semi good chance to make indocrinated IG squads as part of Tau armies.

I think they'll improve krootox. May make em' AP 3.

They are definately going to put Railrifles in the codex.

There's a 50% chance that Tetra's will get in the codex.

I'd say it's fairly likely they'll increase the number of load-out options for Hammerheads. Who wants plasma rifles on the side mounts? Rais your hands! There's a good chance that they'll have another tank based upon the HH/DF frame.

And the most predicatable thing is they're going to have variations based upon sept, most likely involving swicthed around choice types, like they've done for every other codex.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, there's also rumours of a servitor race that has psychic powers, so Tau armies will be able to have psykers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really want broadsides to become slightly more mobile, that way you can consider having them in a mech tau army.something like "if the broadside moves, it can only fire at half range" or something.I also sort of want to see some different weapons in a FW team.(i played a friend, he said, "squad against squad, no points limit" he was playing grey knights, and he gave all his people artificer armor, which i think is illegal, i could only give my FW's photon grenades, bonding, and a shas'ui)and also different traits of Tau-sort of like a SM chapter-for different planet's, like Vior'la, Sac'ea, T'au, etc.
    Go get 'em angst man!
    -Palpatine to Anakin in 1337 Star Wars Episode III trailer

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, what you're saying is your friend is a cheese monkey, with rules he made on his own, you bought into that, and you want rules help you counteract that? :hmm:

How about, "No, you stupid cheese-monkey, I will not play with your stupid custom rules, so you can play with the most powerful single squad in the game, with rules you break anyway, and stomp all over me?"

C'mon, say it with me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um, no, not exactly, we were bored, had just played a two hour game, and he was about to leave, and i just thought "what the heck" and played.
    Go get 'em angst man!
    -Palpatine to Anakin in 1337 Star Wars Episode III trailer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And because of that Tau need new rules?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Tau will have to wait a couple of years for their new codex, it's not even long ago their first was released. Winter 2001 if i remember correctly.
    Next in line are the Nids, the Eldar, the Orks and so on.

But one thing i'd like to see in the new codex is MORE VARIATION. All these new armies (Necrons, Tau..) have so few models and options, i think they should be more flexible and have more ways to use new tactics.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by kireguy@Feb 7 2005, 12:36
    um, no, not exactly, we were bored, had just played a two hour game, and he was about to leave, and i just thought "what the heck" and played.
    [snapback]322822[/snapback]
    That Broadside thing is one thing I totally disagree on.

If Broadsides were more mobile (as you rarely need that long, super long range anyways with cover on the table) then it would completely get rid of the point of the Hammerhead.

A walking 2+/4+ Inv. (shield gen.) monster with Railguns isn't exactly my idea of "balanced" or "fair."

However, I would like to see Broadsides have more weapon options - replacing the Railguns for something else, which could make them more mobile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast