Ork 'eavy Armour Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my army, i would prefer if the warboss and all the nobs get 'eavy armour (which would prefer, as the fluff generally states dat dem nobs are gen'rly 'ard as nailz, 'arder then da boyz even though they get the same toughness. so a save of 4+ is nice) anyway, on the unmodified models of the nobs are they wearing normal battle gear or 'eavy armour straight off? will i need ta add shiny bitz? or is it one of those things where i can say they got 'eavy armour, so they got 'eavy armour? My warboss isnt a problem. he looked like he had 'eavy armour anyway, but i added shiny bitz of armour to him anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This could be a violetly opinionated topic covering just about every army. How much does someone have to follow 'what you see is what you get' when they make their army. I love it especially when GW releases a new codex and takes about 6 months to fill the mini line.

Any ways, you are stumbling into the limbo known as 'your gaming group'. The people that you play with day in and out. The guys you usually face off with. It really coes down to how anal they all want to be with WYSIWYG. I know of some gaming groups that want grenades modeled on their SM if they are equiped with them. I am in the other group and muc more lax. As long as you paid the points, it is modeled on a correct size base, and you tell me what it is equiped with when I ask (multiple times if needed); you can have the gear.

For my orks, I bolster the nobs with heavy armor using the metal shoulder pads (edit: they are plastic in material, but look like metal plates) in the troop box. Take a trooper ork with a helmet head, an iron jaw (Gob), the metal shoulder pads, and throw on a boss pole. That ork will definately stand out from the remianing boyz and be recognized as a nob in eavy armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or get bits of sprue and stick those to his front and back, that might work.

NB. I have never tried this, it is merely a suggestion.
    "I am, after all," said Pooh, "a bear of very little brain." -- A.A. Milne

<a href='http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=7017&amp;t=1' target='_blank'>Get Firefox&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a bit of plastic sheet, or if you don&#39;t have a source for that, buy a bag of Warmaster bases. Cut a square of plastic to fit the chest or (more easily) back of the Eavy-armour-nob-to-be, then add some nicks and dents with a hobby knife. Glue it on, paint it up. The shoulder plates are also a good idea if he doesn&#39;t have them already. Eavy armoured Nob&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you glue some spiky shoulder pads on his legs... That&#39;s what I did for mine and they look awsome :w

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a squad of &#39;ard boys just buy putting a couple of those spiky/blunt shoulder pads on each man and they turned out alright. My friends don&#39;t seem to mined because they have more armour than my other boys and I payed the points, and i tell them. So if your friends aren&#39;t complete ****s just simple conversions like this should suffice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone has good points here. I did my nobs all in evy armor for my nobs mob, buy adding shoulder pads from the 1st edition plastics to them, I&#39;ve been adding iron gobs to them a little at a time but eventually they will all have gobs and shoulder pads.
    WAAAGH&#33; da Ard Boyz.
    &quot;Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH&#33;&quot;
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think that u have to add ne thing on u just have to pay the points but it would look cool with the extra bits on him WAAAAAAGH
    Ha Niggs Alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look on the GW site it describes their nobz models as being in &#39;eavy armor, so look at that for a fair approximation of what &#39;Eavy Armor is supposed to look like.

Though i have found that nobody cares much what you put on them as long as you tell them what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For &#39;eavy armor, I just cut up some useless tank accesories I had left from my old Guard tanks, like the old dozer thing. I just cut small, mis-shaped section and glued them onto the orkses arms and stuff.

Modelling &#39;eavy armor isn&#39;t hard, and will add some personality to the army. Give it a try.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast