Revised Harlequin Codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I don't have a specific link, as it's at another forum (against the rules, so)...

I just wanted to let all you Harlie players know that a player over at Eldar Online created a Revised Harlequin codex, and it gives us more options as well as some interesting new things - overall, I believe we're more balanced as a 4th edition army with it.

If anyone's interested (it's awesome, believe me) then send me a PM or AIM me, you can find my AIM in my profile.

^_^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Why would you want to find it? It's foul. It turns harlies into a much more "generic" army, something that they really shouldn't be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by Xerxes@Feb 8 2005, 01:51
    Why would you want to find it? It's foul. It turns harlies into a much more "generic" army, something that they really shouldn't be.
    [snapback]323453[/snapback]
    Are you kidding? It's just as Harlequin as the first one, and it gives us more options and survivability in 4th edition.

I don't find it foul - I find it a welcome change. The one from the GW site is boring and old - most armies have very little variation, from what I can tell.

I guess, as they're both technically "unofficial" it's just up to personal preference, though I prefer the revised one from EO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Fair enough. I think my main gripe is probably more against the idea of looted vehicles and wraithlords than anything else. Oh, and the Masques, they're too powerful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by Xerxes@Feb 8 2005, 15:30
    Fair enough. I think my main gripe is probably more against the idea of looted vehicles and wraithlords than anything else. Oh, and the Masques, they're too powerful.
    [snapback]323881[/snapback]
    Too powerful, maybe, but they cost a big amount of points to put on a single model - and most of them are only in effect 12" from that model, so...

I don't really use the Masques, anyways, though I can see how they'd be useful.

As for Wraithlords, I think they're pretty neat, really. And it sort of does make sense - if they have the technology to do the same thing (only a tad bit better) then why wouldn't they? I'm sure the Laughing God would greatly appreciate the help of his finest warriors, even in death.

And for looted vehicles, I like the idea - and that you must paint them Harlequin-esque. I'm sure there are those Harlequins who would loot them, and those that wouldn't, so either way. ^_^

To each his own, I suppose, but I like the Master Mime, added psychic powers, the Warlocks, the actual list of what Harlies can take in their army, and that the Death Jesters are heavy support (as they should be). More fun, I think.

Plus, that Master Mime (or two) will be a serious tank killer...give him a Fusion Pistol and infiltrate him right behind a tank. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread