Squads Of 12 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Squads Of 12

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a rather big match comeing up soon, 3 on 3 in a 6000 points game (2000 each)
    on my team their is tau (me) IG and greykinghts.
    and were against nids orks and necrons.

were thinking of haveing it 10-12 turns (not sure yet)
    in victory points and objective markers.

so i was thinking on takeing lots of railguns and LOTS of fire worriors. but with fire worriors should i go for full squads or lots of smaller 6 man squads?

also i have never played against necrons so is their anything to be aware of
    apart from monolith which i can imagine to be fairly powerful.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When against swarm armies, definately don't use big, heavy weapons, take one or two if your Necron opponent has a monolith, but otherwise they are virtually redundant. Better to get maybe two or three for carnifexes and tyrants and any Ork Vehicles, otherwise... spend the points somewhere better, like, loads of crisis suits, fire warriors should be at 6 in a group against swarm armies, but to mass firepower i'd suggest squads of about 8 men in each, you should be the one concerntrating on the Necrons- high Strength shots means no coming back! and then you should have the guard focus on the 'Nids and mow them down with flamers and heavy flamers, the grey Knights should focus on Orks and take down their leaders early (bringing down their LD so they flee like little cowards that they are) You should concentrate fire on warrior units and all the little gribbly models you can, take a few flamers for stray 'Nids and a few plasma guns for Orks, Ion cannons will mow down the Necrons and once their warriors are gone, they're practically at phase out anyway. and so, you mow them down and phase them out... easy huh?
    For other stray 'Nids, bring Burst cannons and mow down the littler models.
    ---Log from the Last Excursion of the Temera---
    Pilot: Damn i knew this ship wouldn't last long.
    Co-Pilot: why?
    Pilot: Listen...
    Computer: welcome to Windows 40k
    Pilot And Co-pilot: AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH
    ---Log Ends---
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?thorain' target='_blank'>Nothing to see here&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh... necrons...

I like bigger squads of 10-12 personally. The small squads seem to miss too much to be of effective, though 2 squads of 6 _SHOULD_ be as good as 1 squad of 12. The only difference is you can put them in different spots for different lines of fire.

Necrons...

You will want to imobilize or kill the monolith or he can use it to ressurect his necron units.

When shooting at necrons pound them unit by unit... If you can wipe a unit out completely it cannot We&#39;ll Be Back unless there&#39;s another unit of the same type nearby or a tomb-spyder or the lord with a res-orb.

If he&#39;s using necron swarms, they are vulnerable to blasts. Drop a hammerhead blast template on them and watch them die.

Just for a note.. heavy necron destroyers can kill your broadsides outright.

And for the love of the greater good, don&#39;t get into combat with them.

----------------------------------------------------
    Orcs.... hehehe.... oh so many targets. Use your hammerhead templates to good effect with them. Last fight i had against orcs he had too many models to deploy well and i dropped 2 templates on 1 unit of orcs. First template covered 15 models, second one covered 12.... splat....

--------------------------------------------------

ForgottenKnight2001

--------------------------------------------------
    The previous statement was made by a Tau rookie.... you don&#39;t want to be a firewarrior in his army.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fewer ld rolls based on casualties, and you want massed fire anyway. Plus, if you had squad of 6 you could only carry 36, and that ain&#39;t exactly LOTS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Prometheus said, you&#39;re not going to be able to bring lots of Firewarriors if you bring &#39;em in squads of 6.
    Mechanized Tau Tactica - A forum for the discussion of tactics relavant to Mech Tau armies.

The Guide to Mech Tau - An in-depth study of the strategies for running a Mech Tau army.

Game Geeks - A weekly video game talk show that I co-host. If you like video games, give it a listen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, full squads of 12 is the most economic and effective point wise.

But, if you know your going to be going up against a swarming army, I suggest using as many Hammerhead Tanks as you can field. The Rail slugs against Monoliths are VERY effective, and sub-munitions against his necron warriors.

Good luck.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

???? Necron seem a bit hard an enemy for submuntions. It kinda an easy rule, if they have better than 4+save, submuntion ain&#39;t the way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you should always get a full squad of FW in games with a 1000 point or higher.
    Adapt or die: Live with it or die by it.

&quot;Gork save our crazy green,
    keep all da Grot&#39;s obscene,
    Gork save da green,
    Give us stunties to kill,
    And uumie&#39;s blood ta spill,
    So we can smash and hii-iii-iit,
    &#39;Til we see the true giiiiiiiiit.&quot;

Da stunties turn to flee,
    and fills dere boots wiv wee,
    when we charge in.
    Dere beards will turn to white,
    dere heroes filled wiv fright,
    Dem trousers smell of shiii-iii-iiite,
    and our Gork will griiiiiiin.&quot;

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d say at least 24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO you want big squads verses shooty opponents and smaller quads verses cc opponents, this ensures that verses shooty opponents you have big enough squads to affect the game and verses cc opponents you can shoot them next turn.
    life is an icecream and you just have to lick it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast