Newbie - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I have been playing the Necrons for about a year, and I have my entire army painted, and I am looking to buy more, but I am not sure what I should buy. At the moment I have the following......

24 - Warriors
    3- Wraiths
    5- immortals
    3- Destroyers
    2- Heavy Destroyers
    2- Tomb Spyders
    5- Scarab Swarms
    1- Nightbringer
    1- monolith

I know I need more warriors, but what should I buy first? and so on. Thanks and Good Luck!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah another box of warriors would be a good start, it gives you more scarab swarms as well and these are very popular with 4th ed rules. I didn't see a regular lord or detroyer lord in your list. Those would be a good addtion to you current army. Always could use more heavy d's great for the bigger stuff. Also you might want to max out your immortal squad as well.

Just a thought

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

Definaly get a warrior box for the scarabs and warriors. THen maxing your immortals, another heavy destroyer, and 2-3 more destroyers would be good. After that, I'd look into some flayed ones.

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

I'd pick up one Lord and one Destroyer Lord first. That way you don't always have to use your Nightbringer as your HQ, and you would gain the benefit of being able to use the Res Orb.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

Haha, I didn't even notice he didn' have a lord in that list... So, yea. Get a lord, and destroyer lord for your wraiths. And then the stuff I suggested.

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recken you should get some Pariahs, they are pretty cool and the warscythe is awsome. they don't count as Necron but (N) but they good (Y)
    Bye Damish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recken you should get some Pariahs, they are pretty cool and the warscythe is awsome. they don't count as Necron but (N) but they good (Y)
    Bye Damish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

battleforce + walking lord (or 2)

Destroyer lord if you like the wraiths, I own three and don't prefer to field them, so it is your preference.

Maxing out squads is important to take advantage of the wbb, that is why I recomend the battleforce, so you will have 6 destroyers.

Also 5 more immortals would work good.

But you need more warrior! You probably think they suck (as I did when I finished my first 20), but this is because you only have 24. Field 40+ and you will see their value.

Justin
    Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

+ Reply to Thread