New Eldar Unit! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Eldar Unit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

We are quite lucky when it comes to the choice of units, compared to some of the other armis. We have kick@$$ armored vehicles, super cool elites and some very good yet cheap troops. But I think we lack a cheap HQ option, like the nids who can just take a warrior brood, or the space marines can take leaders. Furtherore, it would be nice to have a HQ choice with less than W3, so he could be used in 40k in 40 min games. So, I went through some fluff, and found the bonesinger, and I came up with some stats for him, here goes:

0-2 Bonesinger

Cost WS BS S T W A I Ld Sv
    25 3 3 3 4 2 1 4 10 4+

The bonesinger can be taken as a HQ choice, or join a farseer/seer council.

Equipment: Rune armor

The bonesinger can be upgraded with any equipment from the eldar armory.

Independent character...bla bla... you know.

Psycic powers: The bonesinger must choose 1-2 psycic powers from the following list:

10 pts, Reshape: The bonesinger can reshape the wraithbone of any eldar vehicle within 24", repairing one damaged system on a successful psycic test. The damages that can be repaired are damaged weapons or immobilisation. The power is used in the shooting phase.

20 pts, Withstand: The bonesinger can make the wraithbone surrounding him more durable. Any eldar vehicle within 12" of the bonesinger gets an extra AV point on all sides, and other eldar gets a +1 bonus on their armorsave (Sv 5+ becomes 4+ ect, but no save can be made better than 2+).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nive idea actually.

been playing dawn of war then?
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah sounds like DoW to me but still, v cool idea i like it ^^
    Adapt or Die: Live with it or Die by it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Yes, � know DoW, but I don´t really like it. I got the inspiration from a codex, I think it was my craftworld codex...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

I cans ee a Bonesinger turning up in the new codex, with it's mention in the new rule book, however a couple of lines in UK White Dwarf 302 point to an alternate Eldar HQ choice:

"The position of Autarch arises only when the Craftworld is in a protracted or especially desperate state of war."

"An Autarch is an Exarch who has trodden the Path of the Warrior in several Aspects for so long that battle is first nature to them."

Looks like some sort of Aspect Warrior HQ, similar to the Phoenix Lords I think. Perhaps thesre will turn up in the new codex?

Maybe the new codex HQ's will be:

Bonesinger
    Farseer
    Autarch

and the Avatar becoming a Special Character.

Another point would be the mention of Star Eagle Aspect Warriors, but no background is given for them, so they're up for speculation too.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I may ask why do you want another HQ? I mean the farseer is one of the best support HQ's of 40k imo. Giving him guide/fortune for helping your squads or eldritch storm/mindwar etc to get a agressive HQ. Why should you use a 25pt model when you can just attack your seer to a scorpion squad stuff them in a wave and chop the opponent into pieces with 3+ rerolleble armour saves. (unlesthey use power weapons auch). Altough I may sound negative it aint meant that way. But a warlock is a farseer in training or something simulair to it so you could make a exception and use the warlock as a HQ altough I dont see the use of it also.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Well.. it was just an idea. I thought is would be cool to ad more options, and the bonesinger is certainly diffrent from the farseers, and does not go against the rules in 40k in 40 min like the warlock does..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds wiked!! it is a good idea to put a decent HQ in for 40k in 40 mins. because i dont think you can have a single warlock (can you) ne way i think its a really kool idea just my advice
    http://rhcp.forumup.org/
    Check it out.
    Its new but it will grow if people join.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, i think both alternative HQs are a good idea. We need a mildly good close combat orientated hq, like an exarch with 2 wounds. And most other races have a bonesinger like hq. Marines have techmarines, orks have meks...etc. Mek boys are really effective, like when they stand next to killa kans, so they become impossible to kill.
    I'm not sure how the autarchs would work, though. They could either have the equipment of a specific aspect or mix and match and choose any powers.
    Well those are my pointless ramblings on the subject anyway....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

They could either have the equipment of a specific aspect or mix and match and choose any powers.
    Or just the normal powers, but a better statline and Independent Character status, although this could cause some nasty combo's with Scorpion Autarchs (Stealth), or indeed Warp Spider Autrachs (Surprise Assault).
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast