Tau vs Chaos Daemons 1000pts Advice needed! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau vs Chaos Daemons 1000pts Advice needed!

Hello fellow Tau players!

so i thought i would share my list for a game i will be having on Monday against some daemons at 1000pts. I feel my model count is a bit too low for this match up. It's only a casual game, i'm not a WAAC player, but any tweaks and tips are welcome

++ Farsight Enclaves ++

+ HQ +

XV8 Commander (175pts)

Command and Control Node
    Iridium Armour
    Multi Spectrum Sensor Suite
    Puretide Engram chip
    Stim Injector

+ Troops + (63pts)

7x Fire warriors with pulse rifle

3x Crisis Shas'ui (144pts)
    - 2x Burst Cannon, Early warning Override, Bonding Knife Ritual

3x Crisis Shas'ui (159pts)
    - 2x Plasma Rifle, Bonding Knife Ritual

+ Fast Attack +
    5x pathfinders (60pts)
    - Bonding Knife Ritual
    - 5x Markerlights

5x Pathfinders (60pts)
    - Bonding Knife Ritual
    - 5x Markerlights

+ Elites +

1x Riptide XV104 (193 pts)
    - Ion Accelerator, Twin Linked Missile Pods, Advanced targeting System, Early Warning Override,

+ Heavy Support +

2x Broadside XV88 (142pts)
    - Twin linked missile Pods, High Yield Missile System, Early Warning Override
    - Twin linked missile Pods, High Yield Missile System, Early Warning Override

Total: 997 points

My current tactics:

The general plan is to intercept his squad of deepstriking nurgle plague bearers with the crisis suits with burst cannons with the commander as they can shoot twice providing the commander hasn't moved as per his wargear.
    The Riptide also has EWO just in case it doesn't clean up the squad on the way down.

The riptide has precision shots as he runs a Herald on Juggernaut in a squad of khorne dogs, so i was planning to snipe him out of the squad using the riptide. As he is the one that deals the damage, the dogs are ablative wounds

The fire warriors are basically there to block any charge the dogs/herald might make

he will have a Nurgle Soul Grinder which sits in cover for a 2+ save, so the broadsides and pathfinders are there to clear that out using ignores cover markerlights and increased ballistic skill.

Potential changes:

- Taking a flamer instead of a second burst cannon on the first squad of crisis.

- Use 3 squads of two suits rather than 2x3 as it allows me to spread my fire power around the field

- Potentially dropping markerlights altogether for such a low cost game and putting in a higher quantity of shooting

Any advice is welcome

Cheers everyone!

Dance little tin goddess dance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you going 7th i see. against deamons i would probably switch the plasmas for something that pouts down more shots. you could remove the plasma suits and make pathfinders 2 time 6 teams and either take more burst suits or stealthsuits(if fusion give that model splitfire). your commander looks expensive compared to the came/his role. switch some stuff on him so he becomes cheaper and either pair him how you plan with some suits or markerdrones so they hit on 2+. try and make it so that u get as many shots down range as possible.

+ Reply to Thread