C'tan Or Monolith - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

I might be going against orks soon, at a larger pt limmit, like 2000pts. I was wondering what you guys and gals think is a better ork killer, the nightbringer or a monolith. Also, what unit do you think is over all best at mowing the lawn, I mean, killing orks.

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

monolith
    I think a great bumper sticker would be as follows:
    Proud parent of a child whose self-confidence is good enough that he doesn't need me advertising his minor scholastic achievements on my carclick me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not that ive played against orks or w/e but i would take a monolith. the ctan is VERY likely going to get outnumbered and chopped down with numbers plus u only get a 4+ save in cc and only move a measly 6 inches. What u need to do with the monolith is well since he is a horde army let him bunch up everyone and deepstrike right on top of him since they have to move if u land on them and fire the guass flux arc with all those squads in range. plus he cant get u in cc since he hits u on 6.

my $.02

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

monolith hard to hit and strong and cheaps you out of CC
    ctan not enogh attacks to be really effetive and HQ and nobs can take him down
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'><u>&quot;Veni Vedi Vici&quot; </u></span></span>

Bob: If you had a dollar for every 60 cents...
    you'd be Canada.

Bill: actually i think its more like 70 cents.

Bob: <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> Tar-nation! You stole my thunder!</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would go with the nightbringer. i doubt the str of the orks is 5, it is probably 4. and I dont think str 4 can hurt a t8. walk him up into a big pile and death gaze them until the scarabs come home. you may lose a couple wounds from him due to shooting but they are bad shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

Yea, I&#39;m gonna go witht he monolith. But on to other matters. Would I be smart to take any cc units? Mainly, a Destroyer lord Wraith strike unit, or flayed ones. And what about the Tomb spyder? is its fairly low attacks and wbb bonus make it worth it? And what would be best to take after that? Lots of destroyers and immortals? Mass troops? In a nut-shell,I&#39;m asking: should I even remotly consider a cc unit, or stay with all shooty, and what units are best against orks over all?

-Inquisitor Hoth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I would not recommend getting into CC with orks. You could bring a squad of Immortals and use a Lord with VoD and and blast the heck out of them. You definatly have a shooting advantage. I would use it in your favor. However a squad of flayed ones would be fun to deep strike on him but I&#39;m not sure how well they would fair againsts his Nobs and what not.

Anyway just my thoughts. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d have to hands down give it to ctan.

Don&#39;t forget orks base stats are STR 3
    Its not going to hurt this star god.

plus he would be wasting some pts to just get str 4 ones.. as they aren&#39;t any stronger.

You could easily wipe out orks with it.

It would even serve as a magnet, as your main force moves up, this guy is slaughtering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

I&#39;d prefer a Monolith...

But if you&#39;re going with C&#39;tan I&#39;d go with the Deciever as he can use:
    Decieve to make your opponents flee or become pinned (after the appropriate morale check).
    And
    Misdirect to leave CC before blows are struck, effectively making him unchargeable (Thus making Ork CC useless).
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

231 (x4)

Yea, I&#39;m gonna go witht he monolith.
    I said I was going with the monolith already. How does 40 warriors, a lord with res orb and vod, 10 immortals, 6 destroyers, 2 tombspyders, and a monolith sound?

-Inquisitor Hoth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast