Orks Vs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orks Vs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well crons have their infamous WWB rolls.. and star god crap and monolith...

we orks.. got not mucho...

an upcoming tournament is near... there are a few necron players in the area...

SM gives me no trouble.. its just these freaks with the mono.. hah.

I have a basi.. whole bunch of boys.. and lots of nobs.. and rokkits.. and such..

i have some money to play around with.. and my main threat is taking out the monolith..

as

ctan can be hurt by loota boys heh...

any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get lots of trukks and try to get into combat as fast as you can. If you bring zzap gunz, those have the potetnial to bring down a monolith, but they have such a short range its really annoying. Just bring lots of boys and trukks, and you should beable to swamp the necrons.
    Nothing a Battle Cannon Couldnt fix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I play necrons alot. what you need is rockets or burnas in all your squads. Also nobz with powerclaws will more than make up for thier points. Leave the bigshootas at home for this battle. (normally i use lots of bigshootas but verses crons they just aren't worth it.) leave the shootas at home also. Take all slugga boyz and get into cc as soon as you can. I would suggest hardboyz as a good elite choice for this battle. When you both have 4 plus saves it really helps in cc. For the Momilith take ether a basilsk or demolisher as your looted vehicle. Killakanz are also a great idea. For some nice speed go for some buggies/tracks with twin rockets on them. They have proven effecive at takeing out crons and destroyers. Hope this helps.
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

A mega armoured warboss could squish almost an entire necron army single handed if it got into cc. S10 will instant death it all. Big ork squads could kill entire necron squads on the charge and this is what you need to do against necrons. As the living metal rule ignores 2d6 ap for Zzap's and burna's,. Claws in hand to hand will hit on 6's and need 6's to glance, not the best unless its the warboss (6's and 4's). Power-clawed nobs will still be as Gathrog says worth thier weight in gold, killing easily 2/3 necrons on the charge.
    The basilisk is probably better off squishing squads of necrons with no wbb rolls . Rokkits are good necron killers if you wanna kill the 'lith use a squad of tankbustas with 4 rokits are your best bet.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

Possibly this cries out for

SPEED FREEKS!!!!!

will get you to kill them... heh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend plays Necrons and I play Orks. Needless to say I've faced them many times. Generally, the only way I win is if the rolling goes wrong for him and right for me. In a 1500 pt army he will field a monolith and a deceiver. Both of these are incredibly difficult to take down.

In our most recent game, I got lucky and my basilisk managed to take down half his unit of warriors. However, a unit of 20 Flash Gits with More Dakka on the charge didn't even manage to finish off the bunch (armour saves and WBB are annoying). So then his deceiver and wraiths manhandled my the Gitz. Luckily with a few boyz left i rolled a life saving Ld check and stuck around. On the other end of the board, my sluggaz and killa kanz managed to hold down some warriors, wraiths, and tomb spyders. However, when his wraiths charged they rolled 2 hits out of 12 rolls. And he forgot to roll 2D6 AP for the spyders. Eventually I managed to take down his warriors and the tomb spyder (have to take everything down or else he gets WBB&#33.

Basically I was able to ignore the mono and the deceiver by staying in hth and concentrating on the warriors, but my rolls were amazingly good (several times I rolled 50-75% for 5+) and his were very poor (he rolled 1's to wound all the time). Had the rolling been anywhere near average it would not have fared well for the boyz.

So that was that for this battle, but next time it won't be so good. So anyone got any good ideas for taking down necrons like this. I enjoyed the basi, but he's got to his and have line of site. I could try to guess with the indirect fire, but that's even more inaccurate and we tend to play on smaller sized boards. And how the heck do you take down a monolith or the deceiver. The best two options are tankbustas and looted snipers, but they are expensive and not that useful otherwise (especially for the points)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by thebrandt@Feb 15 2005, 23:35
    Basically I was able to ignore the mono and the deceiver by staying in hth and concentrating on the warriors, but my rolls were amazingly good (several times I rolled 50-75% for 5+) and his were very poor (he rolled 1's to wound all the time). Had the rolling been anywhere near average it would not have fared well for the boyz.
    [snapback]330615[/snapback]
    hmm...siounds like you suffer from overly-done-dice-rolling syndrome. because you roll more dice, you get more results. since you get more high scores than than the opponent, your brain thinks, "hold on, i'm having good luck!"
    i know my brain does that all the time, but if you pay attention, you usually find that there are a lot of ones and twos from your shooting, as well as a lot of hits. i notice this only because i use two huge groups of flash gitz with blasta upgrade...

my answer to necrons is usually something big and nasty, like a warboss and retinue in mega armour. if that doesn't kill cron warriors by the bucketful i don't know what will. usually most of the rest of my stuff is there to tie up anything nasty the opponent has while the boss and his ladz get on and do the business.

Yeah, this is excellent! TY Angel of Rust!

Graktoof the vile, victor of 1000 battles, partial credit to 1000 more, and sore loser about the other 8000...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I play the nightbringer and the monilith on a weeklly basses. The nightbringer is a joke and a waste of points (by joke i mean easy to avoid not easy to kill....he is by NO means easy to kill) The nightbringer/desiever move 6 inches and are not great shooters so just LEAVE THEM ALONE. Its really easy to do. We've already explained how to kill crons. I'd also try and ingore the monilith and concentrate only on killing necorn unites and forceing the player to warp out.

But if your faceing a good necron player you will find the monilith can't be avioded and that (plus a lord w/ the veil of darkness) are some of the best most effective models in the game. When the lith deepsrikes kills half your mobs with flux archs fire and then unloads unites of warriors ready to shoot your already shot up boyz its just bad....... Best bet is powrclaws on all your nobz, lots of slugga boyz, and dreads/killa kanz are your key to survival. Make it your only objective to take out the warriors and other "necoron" units and make his ass warp out. (Y)
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bassies = love. My friend took out 9 necron warriors first turn with one shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I play Necrons and I must ask how many points are you playing?? If he is bring a Monolith and C'tan in the same game what a point sink. That is over 530 points with 2 models. If he does bring both your in luck, don't fear them. Your only concern when playing us should always be phasing us out. Stay away from the C'tan(doesn't count towards phase out) and use Zzap guns to pop the 'lith and get into CC with him as fast as possible. If you can take out his Lord nearby it won't allow him and WWB rolls if hit with a power weapon or somethin double the toughness. Us 'Cron players love one everyone gets all exicited over our 'liths or C'tan's, they worry about them so much they forget to shoot what counts!

Good Luck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast