Librarium Online Forums banner

What Troops Should I Use?!

453 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Archonbjorn 
#1 ·
I'm not sure on what troops i should use!
I keep thinking to get lots of Dire Avengers, becuase they are good, but then i realize i won't have a lot of numbers.

I want Guardians to fix that problem, but they kinda suck, so i'm not sure what to do!

Can anyone help me out??

P.S. what about an all ranger troop thing?

P.S. Again::: This post was by Person4367

#2 ·
Dire Avengers are ok(ish), they live longer under most fire save ap4/better than Guardians but they lack the heavy weopon. the main problem comes from thier lame range, after shooting you are either going to be rapid fired back (this hurts from Tau) or assaulted. DAVs are not hand to hand maestros and will be pulped almost as much as the cheaper guardians. so they are only good support units adding afew kills before the scorpions go and give them a good drubbing in hand to hand. I dont really see the point in them especialy against Nidz as you are going to be assaulted before firing (12 assault and foc)

#3 ·
DAVs are not hand to hand maestros and will be pulped almost as much as the cheaper guardians.
No they wont. They have +1 WS, I, and a better save. They are much more powerful/survivable than Guardians in CC.

10 Marines mush 1.6 Avengers in one round of CC.

10 Marines mush 2.96 Guardians in one round of CC.

Another difference if the Avengers strike before the Marines, unlike the Guardians who strike simultaneously.

The Avengers would kill around one Marine before the Marines strike back, so in the end the Marines mush 1.5 Avengers. Almost a draw. If the Avengers took and Exarch they would draw or win combat, depending on the Exarch's equipment. The presence of a Marine Veteran would swing the combat in the Marines favour, especially with a power weapon.

Dire Avengers are much better than the Guardians when in close range (ie. Shuriken range).

#4 ·
also it comes in to what type of army you are collecting. if its a shooty army and you want some more cc units go for the dire avngers but if you need some more shooty minitures choose the guardians and if you really want to be adventurous get some rangers they are really good at just standing and shooting standing and shooting

#5 ·
Dire avengers aint worth it imo compare them to a DE warrior and youl lc you get a overpriced model that cant carry anti tank weapons or some decent firepower for taking out termies. I always sticked to the guardians theres nothing as fun as having a 9 man meat shield around your platform that shoots the crap out of there ''awsome'' hives termies or other 2+ save troops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.