Broadsides... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Broadsides...

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

now... I don't wanna shock Tau Players, but in my opinion, Broadsides ain't worth thier high points cost. Sure they have a Twin-linked Railgun but If the have to move into postion then they can't shoot and will be targeted, also they can't use the Submunition round and they are quite slow. On the other hand If you can get them into a good position then can be useful but only if the opponent moves out in the open, and even if they do, shooting at an Ork mob with a Railgun is stupid,so Broadside are stuck to Anti-tank duty.

Hammerdeads on the other hand, are much more versitile. sproting a Submunition round capable rail gun or and Ion Cannon, which is excellent against light vehicle squadrons, and a Smart Missile System or 2 Burstcannons. To top it off, with the right gear it can move 12" and still fire its main and defensive weapons, so you pop around a corner, blow up a Land Raider and shoot and nearby troops. As a final point, its about 70-100 points cheaper than a fully tooled up Broadside Squad.

So I would rather have 3 Hammerheads than 9 Broadsides (Most of the time&#33

What do you other Tau players use?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

so you pop around a corner, blow up a Land Raider and shoot and nearby troops. As a final point, its about 70-100 points cheaper than a fully tooled up Broadside Squad.

So I would rather have 3 Hammerheads than 9 Broadsides (Most of the time&#33
    I'm not a Tau player but you do have a good point. The tactical advantages of a hammerhead over a broadside team appear to be advantageous. Those being additional movement and protection from basic cc units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

and you can use the 100 extra points on GunDrone squadrons! FUN FUN FUN!!!!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Yeah...but for the price of one Hammerhead you get two Broadsides. Two Railguns over one, and they are pretty durable at 2 wounds and the same save as a Terminator. Give them a Shield Generator and they're pretty handy.

I love Hammerheads, don't get me wrong, but Broadsides are easily worth every point put into them. You just can't use them properly/they don't fit your playing style, which is cool. I don't use them, either, but they are a very nasty unit.

They are tank-hunters, not Tank/Infantry hunters. They have a more likely chance to hit than the Hammerhead, and also have SMS/Plasma Rifles, which they can fire on the move if you must move them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

I agree with what your saying except they can't fire thier SMS if they move cause its Heavy 4

Secondly, sure you get 2 BroadSides for 1 Hammerhead but if theres alot of terrain and you can't draw LoS then you'll spend several turns moving then into a new position and still wait to fire, but with the Hammerhead you have ecellent mobilty and Submunition round.

Now sure, if there isn't much terrain and the can see must of the table then sure I'll take a squad or 2 of broadsides, but many players against tau will put as much terrain as they can so I would rather spend the points saved into Drone squadrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

I just thought of this but if you HAVE the option to fire the SMS and an enemy unit, you've either messed up in deployment or you suck as a commander (no offence, just a fact)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

This belongs in the Tau forum.

*swoosh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

Thx, I'm new so i'm still learning!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i say n e tau player needs broadsides if not just to keep pesky dps or other powerful cc hqs in cover
    Well that was fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the biggest advantage of brourdsides is that most people are so scared of them you can use them to force your opponent to put his tanks where you want them. Also SMS are not to be underestimated.
    life is an icecream and you just have to lick it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast