I Look At It, I Think About It. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

I've never actually managed to get as far as usning this combo of equipment, although it has been discussed before I'm wondering how many of you have actually used it and what results does it give you?

Haemonculus
    Jetbike
    Combat Drugs
    Shadowfield
    Scissor Hand
    Destructor

130 Points or there abouts, just working out of my head, codex not at hand.

Advantages

12" movement
    T 5
    2+ Save
    Cool flamer thingy
    2 + to wound regardless

Disadvantages

Low Wounds
    Only 3-5 attacks, dependant on drugs and charging
    Allows Armour saves

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont like all that kind of fancy stuff on my lord I just use the basic equpment depending on the situation.

Archon:
    Agoniser
    Shadowfield
    Combat drugs
    Grenades
    pistol

sometimes:
    gruesmon talisman
    punisher
    Crusible of malediction (very sometimes)

I try to keep him as basic as possible. Giving him a Ago for any thing he might encountered and looks kinda big SF for the inv. CD for the extra charge range sometimes needed or +1 attack reroll misses. Grenades (Hmm I wonder why) and pistol for the extra attack youll get for just 1 point.

I dont like taking combos that much ussaly unit combos are overpwored like I allied once with SM with my Ulthwe aking a 27 man seer council and he took a assasin. Resulting into 32 S5 AP1 shots each turn. (For every psycher within 12 lowers there LD to 7 and +1 shot). It was a fun thing to see for once but never again my chaos opponent still has nightmares abotu it . also a big expensive unit will draw more fire then a 100 pts squad therefor I try to divide the points of the units as evenly as possible making it a hardtime for the opponent to decide were to shoot @.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by karantalsis@Feb 17 2005, 09:20
    I've never actualyl managed to get as far as usnign this combo of equipment, although it has been discussed before I'm wondering how many of you have actually used it and what results does it give you?

Haemonculus
    Jetbike
    Animus Vitae
    Combat Drugs
    Shadowfield
    Power Weapon
    Destructor

155 Points or there abouts, just working out of my head, codex not at hand.

Advantages

12" movement
    S 4 and T 5
    S boost to 5 likely
    S boost to 6 if needed
    2+ Save
    Cool flamer thingy

Disadvantages

Low Wounds
    Only 2-4 attacks, dependant on drugs and charging
    [snapback]332148[/snapback]
    You can't take power weapons on Haemonculi - they're restricted to Haemonculi only weapons.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Originally posted by Tegadil@Feb 17 2005, 120
    You can't take power weapons on Haemonculi - they're restricted to Haemonculi only weapons.
    [snapback]332219[/snapback]
    Good point my mistake, reedited to be more sensible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Originally posted by Archonbjorn@Feb 17 2005, 09:42
    I dont like all that kind of fancy stuff on my lord I just use the basic equpment depending on the situation.

Archon:
    Agoniser
    Shadowfield
    Combat drugs
    Grenades
    pistol

sometimes:
    gruesmon talisman
    punisher
    Crusible of malediction (very sometimes)

I try to keep him as basic as possible. Giving him a Ago for any thing he might encountered and looks kinda big SF for the inv. CD for the extra charge range sometimes needed or +1 attack reroll misses. Grenades (Hmm I wonder why) and pistol for the extra attack youll get for just 1 point.

I dont like taking combos that much ussaly unit combos are overpwored like I allied once with SM with my Ulthwe aking a 27 man seer council and he took a assasin. Resulting into 32 S5 AP1 shots each turn. (For every psycher within 12 lowers there LD to 7 and +1 shot). It was a fun thing to see for once but never again my chaos opponent still has nightmares abotu it . also a big expensive unit will draw more fire then a 100 pts squad therefor I try to divide the points of the units as evenly as possible making it a hardtime for the opponent to decide were to shoot @.
    [snapback]332161[/snapback]
    What are you talking about Bjorn? The lord you presented is more expesive than the Haemonculus I did, everyone knows how to use an archon and that has nothing to do with this thread, please don't wander that far off topic, I mean you didn't even bother to answer the question in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I've always wanted to field this HQ unit but I don't have the converted models yet, also I think it's only effective with three, screened by a Reaver Squad.
    Just like a Marine Dev squad is more effective if you take all Missile Launchers or all Heavy Bolters I think this Haemonculus bike rider with Destructor works best in 3's.
    Imagine rolling up to his tricked out Command squad (Hive Tyrant, Seer Council, Chaplin led Termie squad etc) and laying down 3 templates without rolling to hit and then rolling 3 times for a random AP

But it strikes me as a one shot wonder kind of unit that comes with a hidden cost of needing a screener unit (like more reavers) to absorb hits. Once they uleash the destructors they aren't great at making saves. (I would not spend points on the Shadowfield for this HQ).

Still, it would be worth doing once, just for kicks.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the heamo on bike looks like an interesting and fun unit to use, something that I have considered for a while now, any ideas on converting one tho ? :hmm:
    Legendary Dark Eldar Site

"To play the blues, all you need is barbwire strung to a wooden pulp, an aching heart, and a babe who done left you"

Win/Loss- Who Cares?

"The only thing thats good to lose is your virginity"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because haemonculi can only take haemonculi only wargear, woudlnt that mean that they cant take jetbikes????
    Nothing a Battle Cannon Couldnt fix

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Originally posted by 10101@Feb 17 2005, 153
    because haemonculi can only take haemonculi only wargear, woudlnt that mean that they cant take jetbikes????
    [snapback]332366[/snapback]
    Its not haemonculi gear its haemonculi weapons, the jetbike is wargear not a weapon so its OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The topic name is I look at it I think about it then I take a dracon so when is a dracon transformed into a hamo?

Anyway the only time I use hamos is liek this.
    Hamo
    scissorhands
    WWP
    grenades

Done thats it let it join a raider or wych squad hop out open portal and afterr that get into CC the grenades are used to ignore cover thats it.

@ gibb yeah there is a pretty easy way only hard to explain online. Il try to find a site for you sec.

One of the first sites I ever visited

I have browsed on this site when I just started out there are some conversions tactics excampels of models on it its just a fun page but still very usefull when your a noob.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast