Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are Dark Eldar better than other factions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, next time you post, go into more detail, give reasons for your questions etc...

But an answer, well, We have some real cool units, beasts of close combat and are fast, very fast. Speed is our armour, and we have great speed, and just as well, because otherwise we would struggle in most games.

And on this note, we are an original and rare army, rarely used by others, in the hands of a general who knows what he is doing, we are virtually unbeatable ( just like any other army) however, in the hands of the unexperinced we will fall quickly, and although we have a steep learning curve, we are, in my opinion, the most rewarding and downright fun army in 40k.

-Gibb.
    Legendary Dark Eldar Site

"To play the blues, all you need is barbwire strung to a wooden pulp, an aching heart, and a babe who done left you"

Win/Loss- Who Cares?

"The only thing thats good to lose is your virginity"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason i want to know is i am contemplating purchasing a Dark Eldar army so what makes them able to slaughter the enemy with extreme ferocity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by beefarooni@Feb 18 2005, 213
    The reason i want to know is i am contemplating purchasing a Dark Eldar army so what makes them able to slaughter the enemy with extreme ferocity.
    [snapback]333383[/snapback]
    Thats more like it , well, I think I summarized DE pretty well above, but Incubi, wyches and dark eldar lords ( tooled up of course) are regarded by many ( or the educated) to be some of the best close combat units in the game, backed up by Dark Lances in warrior squads and ravagers, we can be nasty up close and in shooting, and if you use our speed rightly ( Raiders, bikes, hellions etc.) we can be very very nasty.

-Gibb.

"To play the blues, all you need is barbwire strung to a wooden pulp, an aching heart, and a babe who done left you"

Win/Loss- Who Cares?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Gibb@Feb 18 2005, 20:48
    In the hands of a general who knows what he is doing, we are virtually unbeatable
    [snapback]333377[/snapback]
    *gaming club members point there finger on Archonbjorn *
    It is not a EASY army to play with and certainly not a easy one to learn the game with BUT we can adept vs any army and are able to beat ANY army. We can also choose for a shooty CC or mixed army making it a perfect army to suprise your opponent with if you look at how many choice we got. Off course liek alot say you might lose your first batlles altough that has never happened to me. Be quick have no mercy and slaughter everything.

Get:
    Warriors LOTS of them
    Archon (duh)
    Raiders/wyches/talos/ravagers/incubis

All you need is right there to destroy any force you encounter you will need to adjust your tactic vs your opponent off course but a advanced player shouldn't have to much trouble with it.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to play Dark Eldar when they first came out. I got tired of the lack of attention they were getting and switched to Necrons (I seem to like evil armies that have sinister pasts).

Yeah, Archonbjorn and Gibb are right. The Dark Eldar are a unstoppable force if used properly. Unfortunatly not many people can use them properly (which has been a major reason for their current neglect). Always remember that the DE can dish out a ton of damage, yet cannot take very much. So as long as you don't try to take on your opponents in a equal fight (point for point) and use your mobility to take out his army one section at a time, you will do fine.

One of my keys to success with the army is that I never played to win, I played to have fun. Oddly enough this caused me to win more because I never let my intial losses get to me (unlike Archonbjoirn I lost all my first battles I played using DE). While many of the other DE players I knew were giving up and switching to space marines, I was getting better and killing space marines.

They do have a new DE codex in the works, so expect some new rules and units to pop up possibly (When it comes out I am unleashing my DE on the world once more).
    Increasing the diversity of the 40k universe through the destruction of Space Marines, one army at a time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Archonbjorn@Feb 19 2005, 18:55
    *gaming club members point there finger on Archonbjorn *
    [snapback]333935[/snapback]
    Your modesty is hella gone man

Win/Loss- Who Cares?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother told me never to lie ^^. Its true theres even a SM player that REFUGES to play vs my DE because they always whoop him so hard. But he doesnt give a dirt if I take something like 3 WL a seer council and dark reapers in a biel tan army. (still need to test it out but he wont refuge to play vs such a uber cheese army ). So that says something about my DE . Also the Tau playerrs hate me they cant shoot my raiders down due to the WWP I use same counts for the alaitoc players the shop employee laugehd yesterday because he wanted to ally with another alaitoc and get something like 15 disruption rolls. . . .LOL he wont get even one due to my lovely raiders and WWP ^^,

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i havent lost with DE yet....only played small battles though.

the sheer speed, firepower and close combat abilty of the dark eldar makes it very appealing to me...plus the great look they have make them a converters dream.

the new codex will be great...sadly im neglecting my DE at the mo for blood angels...but im trying to balance it out
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So how many batlles have you played and how many points? We have a BIG advantage in small point games as I figured out I always try to play a 1000 pts batlle or 1200 together with a ally. Me combined with my friends space marines havn't been beaten yet even in a 7500 pts game hooga!.

Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast