Tyranid Killa Tau? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK..... My friend has this strange Idea in his head that Tau suck at everything that they have ever tried to do.... I've set out to prove him wrong. I have challenged him to a battle. Currently I collect Daemonhunters, he collects Black Templars. I am going to start up my Tau army tommorrow, and he has already started on his brand spankin new Tyranid hive fleet. So I'm wonderin, what should I do to my Tau to make them pure bred Bug-killas? I'm thinkin some Kroot just to slow down the bugs while my broadsides, XV8s, Hammerheads, and Fire warriors do nothing but blow the bugs apart... how's that sound? with some pathfinders of course so that I can marker light some carnifexes, tyrants, Zoanthropes, and any other Synapse creatures so that I can beat the crap out of his now instinctive Cocroaches with claws.......

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gaunts have a real bad save so you exploit this by using any template weapons available to the tau this will severely damage the broods of baby bugs for the big bugs i.e carnifex, tyrant, zoanthrope just use that uber railgun the tau are famous for, a squad or two of kroot to act as meat shields for your important units wouldnt go astray. i hope this helps im not too familiar with the tau but this plan seems ok.

p.s. if you really wanna beat him use chaos and wipe the floor with him.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok...smart missles and missle pods with do just find. with four shots a piece, and with any kind of ap they can easily take done 3-4 gaunsts ev4ery turn, but multiply that by like 8 and yu got yurself alot of dead gaunts.

crisis suits. they ahve alot of fire power and its mass fire power(opposite of broadisdes) they have the missle pods, and fusion blasters and lots of other weapons wiht alot of shots.

hammer head with railgun. yu can use it blast a whiole through a big bug, or cream a whole lot of little bugs wiht the template shot

broadsides...fo same reason, plus broadises are just a must in a tau army.

LOTS of fire warriors. they will just annihlate anythignt hat comes within 30 inches and do 2X as wrose when theycome wihtin 15 inches all the shas'la or shas'o (i dont knwo the difference) ok all the fire warrior squad leaders( ) have to have markerlights. marferligh the big bugs and let the rail guns rip em a new one.

they kroot idea is a good idea,,,but make sure of this,. this is keY
    MAKE SURE YUR KROOT ARE 4 INCHES AHEAD OF ANYTHIGN AROUND,this forces them to sweep or be out of consolidate range and so u can shoot at them the next turn!

hope this helps
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you raise a lot of good points just one thing though minimum rapid fire range is 12 inches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet.... well, I&#39;m going to smear those fragging ants all across their F-ing hive... heheheheheh.... Yeah, railguns for the carnies, zoans, and all them other things... I think what I&#39;m going to really have to worry bout is spore mines..... don&#39;t want them landing in the midst of my fire warriors, plus any shots within a certain amount cause the mines to detonate... ooch... huge tau killers right there. Hm.... OK thanks for everything guys. I&#39;ll tell you what appens with the roaches.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by arch_heretik@Oct 1 2003, 10:33
    you raise a lot of good points just one thing though minimum rapid fire range is 12 inches.
    yuor absolutley right. i compleyelt forgot about that since i got in a huge arguement about that with a tau player who thought u he could rapid fire at 15 inches.

thanks again for the correctiona nd sorry for the mistake.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by arch_heretik@Oct 1 2003, 05:44
    gaunts have a real bad save so you exploit this by using any template weapons available to the tau this will severely damage the broods of baby bugs for the big bugs i.e carnifex, tyrant, zoanthrope just use that uber railgun the tau are famous for, a squad or two of kroot to act as meat shields for your important units wouldnt go astray. i hope this helps im not too familiar with the tau but this plan seems ok.

p.s. if you really wanna beat him use chaos and wipe the floor with him.
    totally chaos....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stealth suits are also very afective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rapid fire range is 12"?&#33; Gees, thats stupid as hell.

stealthsuits and gundrones would be good. Railguns would help level those synapse creatures.

You know what might work good? Line up your FW&#39;s in very tight lines, 2 or 3 men deep, civil war style. Get the most shots in there as you can, &#39;cause CC will DEFINATELY be against you. Some lines of kroot would be good too, as they are more adept marksmen than the guardsmen , and they would provide some defense from CC.

edit: The stealthsuits would be great because they would cause him to send a unit after them, they&#39;d get mowed down by fire, and then their ranks would be thinned out from the side. Then they might send more guys after them, meaning less guys for the lines of firewarriors to shoot at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when u move it is. or you can shoot twice if you dont move

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast