Well I Thought I Had My Mind Made Up - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was all set to start a Daemonhunter army to contrast my 2 current Shooty armies, IG and Necrons. However I decided to check out the Eldar forums and what do I find but a post about the CC madness of the Eldar. Now this really got my attention, I have decided to give a closer look to the Eldar as my next army. Now I know about the Biel-Tan they get aspects for troop choices, but I was wondering which Craftworld is CC based so I can take a deeper look at them. And if you don't mind giving me a brief summary of each.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best CC capabilties would probably be Biel Tann because of the high numbers of aspect warriors. Iyanden wouldn't be bad... but would be a very small army and horde armies would tear it to shreds. Ulthwe and Alatioc are both very shooty. Saim Hann could be CC... i guess, in reality i've never seen it played, so I can't be for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harlies are definitly CC but youd have to deal with a experimental codex. They'ree also definitly the exact opposite of ig and necron as the army only consists of a few models, definitly a good choice if your looking for conversion (Y)

Check it out
    I like Balogna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably the best way to go is field a Vanilla Eldar army or Biel-Tan. Eldar units that are geared for CC are:

Farseer with Warlocks, outfitted for CC
    Howling Banshees
    Striking Scorpions
    Wraithguard (sort of)
    Storm Guardians
    Jetbikes (potentially)
    Swooping Hawks (if used as an Exarch Delivery system)
    Wraithlord

So, of course any CC-oriented Eldar army should have an over-abundance of those units, either some or all of them. The most effective would have to be the Striking Scorpions and Banshees. Any Eldar army with a lot of either will do some major damage in combat. Also, don't discount the CC potential of Ulthwe: you could field one or two fully CC-geared Seer councils with witch blades, as well as a ton of Black Storm Guardians, who have an extra point of WS. Come to think of it, an Ulthwe force designed like that with a Wraithlord or two, and some Scorpions or Banshees might be one of the best CC Eldar armies right there.

I really would recommend starting Vanillar Eldar before a craftworld, but the choice is up to you. With Eldar, you have tons of options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i agree with ever1 else for a cc army i would go with biel-tan but you could always get a vanilla army and put a whole lot of cc units in

just a suggestion
    http://rhcp.forumup.org/
    Check it out.
    Its new but it will grow if people join.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thanks for the feedback. I will have to thumb through the codex at my local hobby shop next time I am there. Still not sure yet if I will go DH or Eldar but Eldar do sound like alot of fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah,beil-tan. But an eldar army should never go completely h2h or shooty or speedy. You have to find a perfect balance of units that compliment eachother. I think you'll enjoy eldar,their much more challenging than IG or necrons

+ Reply to Thread