Something Odd - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something Odd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, maybe everyone else knows this and im just being dumb, but if you go to the u.s games workshop site, go to news, and click on warhammer 40k new releases, right before the first space marine picture pops up, there is a cool picture of what i think is a DE Sybarite, with a pistol and cc weapon, arms folded across his chest. The picture is not in the old dex, i don't know if its in the second edition. Don't know if this means anything, but i just wonder why. And a GW guy (untrustworthy, i know) told me about 2 weeks ago that they will most definitely be released with the new models and dex this summer so... if you want to check out the picture, you might not be able to see it at all, because it is only seen during the loading of the first (of many) marine releases.

Even if you have high speed and can't see the picture, you can still see the edges of the sketch poking out from under the marine pic.

pasta mixed with a little death is a nummy treat for you and me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

This is an old picture that I think, actualy is in the DE codex. I've seen it all over the internet and somebody on this forum used to have it as an avatar. It's a very popular picture. As far as that screen is concerned the picture merely serves as a backround and in no way indicates that the Dark Eldar will be getting a revision anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn...shouldn't of gotten hopes up. Well, yeah i can see why it would be a popular pic, but its not in the 1st edition dex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DE will probably be covered in the same book as eldar,which GW says will be huge,hence the long wait for it. They originally planned to also include harlequins and exodites,but it looks like they wont have the room or time to make them. This is from GW employees at games workshop events such as gamesday,rulesboys and interviews. As always they dont really want to say too much. However especially with the fluff of the DE getting more desperate, and eldar in general seeming less and less different as the fluff progresses it would make sense. Also,xeno-hunter or w/e rule that you can give to marine chapters or IG includes eldar and dark eldar as a single option,as opposed to say orcs and tyranids being chosen at the same time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe popular opinion has changed Abbadon, but from what i have seen, the idea of eldar and dark eldar being in the same dex is a pretty unpopular notion. not nescessarily because its a bad idea, but i have heard many people say it has been disproved. it would be nice for someone to post a link for any interviews with top dogs on the matter of the dex, or the release of the new models, if you know of any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Abbadon@Feb 26 2005, 01:54
    DE will probably be covered in the same book as eldar,which GW says will be huge,hence the long wait for it.
    [snapback]338845[/snapback]
    Argh why does this rumour keeps popping up time after time after time? . DE and CE will NOT be in the same codex. Hundreds of emails have been sent to GW to confirm this and alot of forums have a article somewere that says that they will not be combined so I dont understand why ppl keep saying DE and CE will be combined.

And the pic is in the codex if I recall it correctly. Its just a pic nothing more there will be no model made that looks like it otherwise they should have done it since the second edition.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

+ Reply to Thread